PDA

View Full Version : CZ-82 owners

ducktapehero
January 19, 2007, 02:06 PM
I'm getting a hankering for another "commie" pistol. I have been researching the Tokarev but another one I am strongly considering is the CZ-82/83 in 9X18. Especially since I already have a Mak and being able to share ammo between them would be nice. I like the price of the surplus 82's but I am wondering how reliable they are with HP ammo. Are they good or should I plunk down the extra change and get a new CZ-83? Of course I'm assuming the 83's would be made to accept HP ammo. Thanks in advance.

AngusPodgorney
January 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
For all intents and purposes they are the same gun. Check makarov.com for more info and some available guns.

FlyBoy2960
January 19, 2007, 03:48 PM
They are the same gun basically...the 82 was military/police and the 83 was meant for cilvilians. The one currently being sold is the 83 that is available in a satin-nickel or a blued finish. Either way, they are fantastic firearms. You would not be disappointed. Look for the best price.

ducktapehero
January 19, 2007, 03:59 PM
I know they are the same gun but since the 82 was military issue and not for civilian issue I am worried about its reliability with HP ammo. A lot of old 1911's were notorious for hanging up on HP ammo but would feed ball ammo fine. I plan on using HP ammo so I don't want to buy a gun that I have to tinker with to reliably feed HP ammo.

STAGE 2
January 19, 2007, 04:27 PM
I have 2 and love them. They are really accurate for their size, compact yet hold alot of rounds and have relatively light recoil.

PSP
January 19, 2007, 05:38 PM
The primary difference in the 82 is that it has a polygonal barrel. The 83 has a normal rifled barrel. Some of the used 82s are shot out crap...beware.

I have one of each. They're OK.

ducktapehero
January 19, 2007, 09:30 PM
The primary difference in the 82 is that it has a polygonal barrel. The 83 has a normal rifled barrel.Actually the 83 in 9X18 has a polygonal barrel just like the 82's.

C'mon people, I asked a simple question. I didn't ask what the difference was between them, I already know that. I want to know a simple answer, do the surplus CZ-82's feed hollow point ammo reliably or should I get a CZ-83 that is meant for the civilian market?

EIGHTYDUECE
January 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
My friend has an 82 and I have an 83, they both feed HPs the same.

coffinhandler
January 20, 2007, 06:01 AM
I went to the range yesterday with my newly acquired CZ82. I took along 100 rds. of Silver Bear 94 gn. hollow point. The gun functioned flawlesly with this ammo. In my opinion, this gun has got to be one of the best values today. The one I have has more play between the slide and frame that I would like, but it is quite accurate. As much as it pains me to say it I like it better than my PA63 or my East German or Bulgarian Maks, but it also cost more than these other guns. I cant comment on the CZ83, as I have never handled one.

mdshooter
January 20, 2007, 04:35 PM
Got an 83 in .380 and an 82 in 9x18. Basically the same gun. You simply can't go wrong with a CZ. I'll defer to others on how the 82 feeds HPs (though my 83 feeds them fine).

Both have the best DA triggers you'll likely find anywhere.

Have a couple other CZs as well (85B and 97B). Best guns for the money on the market IMHO.

Onapar
January 20, 2007, 05:45 PM
I hand picked a cz82 for 229 and it is a gem. Eats anything

BlueTrain
January 30, 2007, 02:02 PM
I get these urges from time to time, too, so today I called up my favorite dealer and ordered one (a CZ-82). I try to alternate between automatics and revolvers.