PDA

View Full Version : FEB or FEG PA-63

45RackerTracker
December 17, 2006, 10:38 PM
I bought this new gun at a gun show for $159.49 total. I've posted on another forum and no one seems to know anything about them. It is a Walther PP clone chambered for the 9X18mm Makarov cartridge. I'm not sure of the make because I've seen it refered to as FEG, but the slide is marked FEB. It is of Hungarian origin used by the military and police there. It was sold as new, but there was a large tag in the box that states it is used. It looks new. I don't know when I'll be able to try it out but I'm betting that it will be a great shooter, if it follows the Walther form enough. Does anyone here own one of these, that can tell me more about them? When I got it, the 2 mags would not eject from the frame and I had to take tension off a tab that extends outward from the follower on the mags. I googled it and learned what I have so far,bb and also noticed it has appreciated from $89.00 back in 2002 to around $200.00 present day. Seems so far to be a keeper. I'll know more when I put it through it's paces. Thanks to anyone who can tell me more. Below are some pictures.

Impreza
December 17, 2006, 11:09 PM
The PA-63 are $120 online.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu16.htm

45RackerTracker
December 18, 2006, 01:19 PM
That link does not mention actual prices anywhere in the article. It is an interesting read though. Thank you for your response, Impreza.

Impreza
December 18, 2006, 03:06 PM
$129 here...but i have seen then for $119.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/feg-pa-63-semi-auto-handguns%2C-9x18-caliber%2C-vg-to-excellent-condition-/products_id/1258?SID

Te Anau
December 18, 2006, 06:19 PM
PA-63s are a great gun at a great price.Everyone should own at least one.

AngusPodgorney
December 18, 2006, 06:29 PM
Check out Makarov.com for some more info.

45RackerTracker
December 18, 2006, 07:31 PM
Thank you for your response. I've looked at Makarov.com. Thanks again.:)

Qwiks draw
December 19, 2006, 10:27 AM
One caveat for those with PA63 or P64 pistols. Do not under any circumstances shoot bullets through your pistol that weigh more than 95 grains. Seems that these pistols are self destructing from this very problem asnd as of last two month it seems that over 60 pistols have gone to pieces, because of this. Makarov pistols were made to shoot heavier loads if need be and can be modified if necessary. The smaller pistols cannot safely handle this. Makarov.com has more info on this or has in the past. Just a friendly safety tip.

croc4
December 19, 2006, 09:14 PM
I own two of the buggers, nice little guns for the money, they pack a good wallop recoil wise, just practice with it and you'll be fine, and I recomend getting a heavier recoild spring from wolf, you might to also want to look at getting the lighter hammer spring as well. It makes the trigger so much better and tames the recoil a bit. As stated stick to 95gr slugs, better to be safe than sorry. Don't let the real "MAK" guys get you down, they turn up their nose at the PA-63. I find it a good very accurate weapon at a good price, sounds reasonable to me ;-).

Happy shooting.

joab
December 19, 2006, 09:19 PM
Check out the springs croc4 was talikng about.
They're about 10 or $15 and make a huge difference in the pistol.

You can also get after market grips that eliminate that thunb shelf and a .380 barrel.