PDA

View Full Version : I love my savage mrk II

73dodgedart
December 2, 2006, 11:04 PM
Today I got out the savage mrk II I got a couple of years ago for about $100. Untill today I pretty much hated it, it felt cheap and didnt eject spent cartrages very well. Me and a freind of mine decided to go up to my 2nd story deck and shoot at a spinner target (and some other junk) we set up at my pond. We were about 75yds away, so I decided to get my $6 doller 4x walmart scope so I could se the spinner a bit better. After about 10 min of sighting in the scope I was ready to go. BTW sighting in scopes in the snow is sooooooo easy you can see exactly where your shooting. Anyway after getting it sighted in I was able to hit the spinner target over 75yds away (which happens to be a sub 1 inch group) consistintly. This is with a literal $5.95 walmart scope. My freind didn't think anything of it untill he tried to shoot it. Then he couldent belive that I could hit the broad side of a barn with it let alone a sub 1 inch group.

Oh and the not ejeting spent cartrages thing was do to the crappy winchester ammo.

Whats the moral of this story?
Cheap stuff does work

Te Anau
December 3, 2006, 09:53 PM
The MKII's are a steal at $100.00.Nothing can beat em.;)

FirstFreedom
December 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the info. $6 scope eh? Hmmm, maybe I spent more than necessary on the Trijicon... :p

nat
December 4, 2006, 02:25 PM
+1 on the MkII. It's the best $100 I ever spent.

With a little shimming, the trigger is awesome too!

USMCG_HMX1
December 4, 2006, 03:02 PM
I got a chance to use a Trijicon last April shooting .... well things that go boom with some assistance from road flares. :)

At 200 yards it hits exactly where you aim .... at 300 it was the same thing.

So once I get a flat top AR, I'll be getting a Trijicon for it.

But for a 22 rimfire you simply can't go wrong. I got hooked on the Ruger 10/22 after a whistle pig killing fest (considered rodents, no tag no limit) and other than the titanium extractor it was stock and it had no malfunctions what so ever.

-K

Maximus856
December 5, 2006, 12:27 AM
+100

I love my savage (both mk II and 93f). Mine was a bit more expensive as it's the synthetic stock and a Simmons 3-9x40, however it really impressed me for the price. We set up 410 shells at the 100 yard and plink them all day. Best I've shot so far was a .223 shell at 100 yards...

-Max.