PDA

View Full Version : Glock Model 29 and Glock 21

Stoic
August 15, 1999, 03:29 PM
I purchased a Glock Model 29 10mm for concealed carry last week. I had been carrying a snub-nose wheel gun in .357 mag.

In the past, I have always been a mild Glock skeptic and avoided buying one. I guess I used to be like one of those skeptics who wouldn't have believed that the Earth was round when that was a new idea.

However, I took it to the range to try it out and was duly impressed. It felt good in my hands, had good sights, and was extremely simply to operate. The trigger was better than I thought it would be. The 10mm round was extremely accurate and actually had very little perceived recoil. This is one great gun!

I am now sold on Glocks. In fact, I traded two other handguns for a new Glock 21 .45 acp for home defense.

:) :) :)

bk40
August 15, 1999, 11:12 PM
Stoic,

The Glock is a nice shooter. If you like the G21 then you gotta try the G30. The 30 is one sweet compact 45auto!
If you really want a nice trigger on your Glocks contact <A HREF=http://www.glockworks.com>Glock Works</A>. The trigger job (carry $70) they did on my G22 is terrific! Much better than the 3.5lb or standard factory trigger.

ps- need any G21 factory hi-cap mags? I've got 3 new mags for sale.

[This message has been edited by bk40 (edited August 16, 1999).]

Greg Bell
August 15, 1999, 11:37 PM
Stoic,

off topic--why did you choose the handle stoic?

Stoic
August 17, 1999, 01:42 PM
I have always liked that branch of philosophy and outlook on life since reading the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius in college.

10mmrules
August 17, 1999, 02:27 PM
I Carry a G29 and Love it. A couple of months ago, I introduced my Fiance to guns I had a G26 and a g29 and took them to the range. I figured being female she would prefer less recoil and like the g26...... Boy was I wrong. She took to the G29 like a duck to water. SHe started shooting 1 1/2" groups with it at 50 yards. Needless to say, I sold the g26 and gave her a g29. I guess we will be a 10mm family.

------------------

jimmy
August 17, 1999, 02:33 PM
Stoic--interesting post. I've been thinking about adding the G29 to my want list.

As for the G21, it's my home defense mainstay, so I'd certainly agree with your choice. :)