PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT92 17rd Mag

awpk03s
November 26, 2006, 03:00 PM
Got a new 17 rd factory mag to supplement my 10 and 15 rounders, and I think I need help (or maybe just a mag loader?). The first 15 rounds go in easy enough, although increasingly difficult, the 16th round was a b*tch and I have tried and tried until my thumbs feel as if they will fall off - but I cannot get the 17th round to get in there. I checked the package and it says 17rd, and there's a see thru marker in the back of the mag that says 17 to indicate a full magazine, I dunno. I've never known a pistol mag to be this big of a PITA.

Is there a mag loader tool available, should I just keep trying? Anything?

45reloader
November 26, 2006, 04:25 PM
Let it sit with 16 rounds for a few days.
If that doesn't help take the base plate off and make sure the spring is lined up right.

To me it just sounds new.

awpk03s
November 27, 2006, 07:01 AM
It looks as if the mag follower gets caught inside of the spring coils at the bottom of compression, rather than fitting over then - it gets caught inside one coil and won't go down any further. I may try to modify a mag follower from one of my other magazines to fit this, as I don't see this piece of junk ever working properly as is...

45reloader
November 27, 2006, 04:19 PM
mail it back to Taurus and ask for a replacement.Should only cost $3 or 4 bucks.

snolden
November 28, 2006, 06:15 PM
don't mail it back. they are simply a bitch to load the first few times. mine worked flawlessly for thousands of rounds before I moved up to the beretta.