PDA

View Full Version : carbine keltec or hipoint ??

reaper715
November 8, 2006, 06:24 PM
i am looking for anyone with experience with the keltec sub2000 carbine in particular. i owned a hi point but traded it a long time ago so i am kinda familiar with it. this carbine would be for range fun / home defense. i have a "few" other firearms so this would not be the only hd weapon. i know ati makes a stock like the cx4 for the hipoint now but it only carries 10 rounds. i also know the keltec can accept glock mags (up to 33 rnds). also this would be for my wife to use when i am not home so if you can add a laser or light is always a plus. preferably in 9mm.

thankyou

:D

Mannlicher
November 8, 2006, 07:17 PM
They are both low quality guns. They both work, but there is no pride of ownership. I know others will vary in their opinons, but I would not own either of them.

richard597
November 8, 2006, 09:15 PM
I own both and am proud to own them because they go "bang" each and every time I pull the trigger. My preference goes to Kel-Tec because of the magazine capacity and light weight.

By the way, I also own Berettas, Sigs and Glocks. I don't always buy cheap, low-quality guns. But, then, I am not a gun snob either.

rugerdude
November 8, 2006, 10:00 PM
The hi-point is a great gun, very accurate and reliable. I love mine.

Sorry I don't own any guns I can take "pride in owning" all 9 of them are 200 dollars or lower in cost, but they all work and they are good shooters.

FirstFreedom
November 8, 2006, 10:48 PM
My friend owned a KelTec Sub2000, and the point of impact was like 2 FEET off at 25 yards, and no amount of moving the sight would get it on target, even at the maximum adjustment. KelTec pistols I like; the carbines notsomuch; Vice versa on the Hi-points.

hdawson228
November 8, 2006, 10:59 PM
I wonder about the "no pride in ownership" statement. Is it because it is so inexpensive and affordable to the masses? Reports are that it functions as designed and advertised.

After doing due diligence, I purchase the HiPoint C9 compact 9mm simi-automatic. It has functioned with ZERO hiccups. Actually as well as my SA 1911 and S&W. And darn accurate as well. :cool:

silicon wolverine
November 8, 2006, 11:48 PM
the 995 wont let you down. and the lifetime warranty isnt too bad either.

SW

Te Anau
November 9, 2006, 12:07 PM
They are both low quality guns.
I respectfully disagree.

dfaugh
November 9, 2006, 12:31 PM
Dunno about the Sub-2000 (no personal experience) ...BUT, I've put about 5000 rounds through my Hi-Point, everything from cheapo Wolf and Blazer to +P+ Black Talons. And I've never had a problem. None. Zero. Zilch.

I've never ever really stripped it it down for cleaning, just the usual barrel/action cleaning.

bigghoss
November 9, 2006, 06:26 PM
I vote the kel-tec mostly because they take high cap mags

threegun
November 9, 2006, 09:15 PM
Kel-Tec all the way.

govteach
November 10, 2006, 05:32 PM
Kel-Tec. Hi-cap mags, mine has never missed a beat....

smince
November 10, 2006, 07:54 PM
This one missed the beat:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=229590&highlight=keltec