PDA

View Full Version : Glock questions.

Tayta_Mayne
November 7, 2006, 03:06 AM
Sorry to put another glock thread up. But I heard a rumor from a clerk that glock may produce glocks with a crossbolt safety. I guess I can see why, with the elections coming up and all. My question is do you guys think it will happen? I really am not a political person as I was always brought up to think that I just had to follow the regs that the govt. sets. My father always said that it really didnt matter what the people wanted nowadays and therefor didnt vote. So ever since that I just havnt followed all of the issues as I really should. So can someone with some political smarts help me out here. Are there any new issues that might put this into effect? Thank you. And again I am sorry for my ignorance on this topic.

Hotdog1911
November 7, 2006, 03:40 AM
The question is do you want a Glock? (I do. I want more of them. 9s, 40s, black, green, big and small.)

If so, go buy one. Will some bean-counter liberal piece of human debris demand that Glock clutter-up a well designed pistol? Do you want to sit around and wait?

The U.S. is the last country in the world where the average citizen can go down to the shop and buy a handgun. Try it. It's fun.

HorseSoldier
November 7, 2006, 06:21 AM
Sorry to put another glock thread up. But I heard a rumor from a clerk that glock may produce glocks with a crossbolt safety. I guess I can see why, with the elections coming up and all.

What you're hearing about are the modifications they were working on for the Joint Combat Pistol contract. Apparently they have decided to offer that design for commercial sales. My guess is that the decision does not have much to do with the elections today and is more about getting something back on their investment and because Glock is finally trying to make some adaptations to keep their market position in response to competition from the XD and everyone else who builds a Glockish price polymer frame pistol.

Bill T
November 7, 2006, 06:49 AM
I doubt that Glock will add any "safety" devices to their guns. If they did it would become a solution to a non existant problem. All these added safetys and locks are hated by gun enthusiasts. They buy the products, not liberals. Bill T.

UH1-D Rotorhead
November 7, 2006, 05:52 PM
....mre DEA fools shooting themselves in the foot, I'm sure a safety is on its way...:rolleyes:

9mmsnoopy
November 7, 2006, 06:02 PM
"The U.S. is the last country in the world where the average citizen can go down to the shop and buy a handgun. Try it. It's fun."

Its fun alright, also (for me atleast) expensive and addictive.

Glocks are great firearms, if you want one, go and get it, before we lose the ability to go down to the shop and buy a handgun.

Tayta_Mayne
November 8, 2006, 03:23 AM
Yes, I think you guys are correct. I really could see a new age model glock coming out, but I dont see them stopping production on the guns that made them so popular. Anyways I think I'm going to take the plunge into glock ownership by friday. Still fighting between the 19, 26 and the 30 and 36 lol. I know that is a wide spectrum but I just loved how the 36 shot, but I also shoot 9mm's twice as much as my .45's. Im pretty sure it will be a glock 19 with a sub2000 to match it. Wish me luck anymore input is still appreciated.

xrmattaz
November 8, 2006, 10:26 AM
Glock, INC. basically "owns" the US law enforcement market, and would obviously LOVE to have the military contract one day!

The US military wanted a US made frame (Glock now does that), manual safety, second-strike capability (is Glock gonna do that?), etc.