PDA

View Full Version : Can't get the stock off my 10/22.

PinnedAndRecessed
November 4, 2006, 11:47 AM
I have a Ruger 10/22 International. I need to get the stock off so I can tighten the barrel (is wobbly).

The International does not have a barrel band so there appears to be only one screw holding it together. When I completely remove the screw the action/barrel is definitely loose, but it won't come off.

I can move the action/barrel front to back about 1/4 inch, but it will not separate from the stock.

What am I missing?

thanx.

winman
November 4, 2006, 12:00 PM
I know exactly what the problem is.All you have to do is put the safety in an intermediate postiton between safe and fire.It should come right out.

roadrash
November 4, 2006, 12:14 PM
winman is quick,and right!

PinnedAndRecessed
November 4, 2006, 12:20 PM
Yes, I centered the safety. But there's not even enough play between the stock and receiver for the safety to contact the stock. I'm not able to move it that far.

winman
November 4, 2006, 12:29 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

PinnedAndRecessed
November 4, 2006, 12:46 PM
After removing the screw that holds the action to the stock, I can slide the action front-to-rear about 1/4 inch. But I cannot move the action up-and-down at all.

I can't move the action up-and-down enough for the safety to hit the stock.

winman
November 4, 2006, 12:58 PM
It does require some force,my 10/22 does,but if you apply rearward pressure[moving the action as far back as possible],then pull up on the barrel end;it should come out.