PDA

View Full Version : I got my first .22LR!

V4Vendetta
October 23, 2006, 08:24 AM
It's a Glenfield* Model 60. The store had it marked at $100. I talked them down to $70. It helped that the guy & my dad were old friends:cool: . The wood was a little scratched but the gun was beautiful to me.

I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but I'm paitent. Now I have to save up for a nice pump shottie. Then I will be ready for the evil monkey invasion:D .

Now I celebrate. *wishes the mods had a emoticon for dancing*

*Now known as Marlin.

biglabsrule
October 23, 2006, 08:28 AM
Nice I bought one of these in september for $100 dollars all said and done. Nice little squirl gun, mines a real old one and stovepipes maybe once every 20 rounds or so but still a nice little toy of a gun.

dfaugh
October 23, 2006, 09:03 AM
mines a real old one and stovepipes maybe once every 20 rounds or so but still a nice little toy of a gun

Keep it clean (or even REASONABLY clean), and it'll digest almost any .22 ammo. They are also incredibly accurate for an inexpensive rifle.

Mine shoots 10 shot dime sized groups at 50 yards (w/ a scope, and if I do my part) w/ Wolf Match Target ammo. About 5000 rounds through it, now, and I've never dissassembled it for cleaning. I've had about 5 feed failures in all that time.

V4Vendetta
October 23, 2006, 09:18 AM
How do you mount a scope to the rifle:confused: ?

I have a scope & the guy who sold it to me told me it could have one mounted on it but I can't see how. I think you have to have something called scope rings but I'm not sure. How much do they cost?

FirstFreedom
October 23, 2006, 09:54 AM
you'll love it - great little gun. :)

turkey45
October 23, 2006, 12:21 PM
..the will set up the little rifle..they shure are good shooters,,
have fun..:)

Travismaine
October 23, 2006, 09:16 PM
I use mine all the time. You will love it.

Travis

Csspecs
October 23, 2006, 09:23 PM
My dad has one from 25-30 years ago. It works best with Federal .22s, I bought Remington golden bullets for it and it stovepipes EVERY time with them. Went back to Federal and it is working good again.

We go down to the sand pit and I shoot shotgun shells from 60 yards (rested) all the time.

tomh1426
October 23, 2006, 09:32 PM
Remington .22's suck , try CCI velocitor's or mini mags

biglabsrule
October 24, 2006, 08:40 AM
Not at the house atm but think it has a grouved mounting system. Go to any gunshop and they should have rings for around 10 bucks (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=70784)that you can use to mount a scope on it. If I were you I wouldn't, however, mount a little old 15mm scope on it if you wanna be practical. Use this, I have this on my Remington nylon 66 .22....
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=268480 Couldn't find the same one but you get the idea, get a 32mm if you can find it

P.S.~ I have taken mine apart(down to the bolt and all) and cleaned and oiled parts, think some of them are just worn a bit and I just need to get a few new inner parts, it's deer season so kinda at the end of my list atm...

V4Vendetta
October 24, 2006, 10:19 AM
My scope is a Pronghorn with fixed 4x magnification. Is that any good?

It works best with Federal .22s

That explains why when I bought the rifle, the clerk gave me a box of Federals.

RevolverLover
October 24, 2006, 02:25 PM
It works best with Federal .22s

.22 semi-auto's can be very picky when it comes to ammo. So I would suggest to try as my kinds as you can to see whats the most accurate and reliable.

GUNSMOKE45441
October 24, 2006, 03:59 PM
I sighted one in for a guy last week, the grooves on the reciever didn't line up with the barrel, It took all the right the scope had to get it on.
But it shot like a house afire:)