PDA

View Full Version : Range report on Kahr MK40 Elite

Playboypenguin
October 11, 2006, 09:10 PM
I just got back from my first time at the range with my new .40 S&W Kahr MK40 Elite and I must say it was worth every dime. I loved it.

This gun is small but packs quite a punch. The recoil was noticable but very manageable for a gun it's size. I really did not notice to much more recoil on it then on my Walther PPK in .380acp. My hand did start to shake quite a bit after about 50 rounds... but who is going to have to fire that many rounds out of a SD carry weapon. Side note...always eat before going to the range. I think part of the shaking was due to the fact I had not eaten today.

I was amazed at the accuracy and dependabilityof this firearm. I fired about 200 rounds through it and not one single jam and only a few real misses (and these were shooter error).

Image 1 is the target which I fired my first 5 rounds ever out of the firearm. These were fired from 50ft (15.3 yrds). These rounds were fired in a slow and delibrate manner...taking my time to aim each individual shot.

Image 2 is of a target also set at 50ft. The circled groups are the first more slow paced rounds. The non-circled ones are quicker paced point-and-shoot types.

Image 3 is a target placed at 35 ft (about 10.3 yrds) where I did a pull from the holster and shoot scenerio. These were shot very quickly with just a general aim taken with the first round. I fired 2 groups of 5 rounds. As you can see there are only 8 holes so either two of them went through an already formed hole perfectly (which I am betting on:) )with 2 of them or I missed twice. Still, even if both misses where from the same 5 round group, any three of those hits would have ruined a bad guys day.

Moderators..I was not sure where to post this. Please accept my apology and move where appropriate. :o

stephen426
October 11, 2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the update. Good shooting, especially for such a little gun. I seriously considering one, but will probably buy a rifle first. Enjoy your new toy and I hope you never have to use it! ;)

Playboypenguin
October 12, 2006, 12:48 PM
Good shooting, especially for such a little gun. I seriously considering one, but will probably buy a rifle first

I was amzed at how it shot much more like my full size Kimber than it did my smaller guns. As for the rifle, i say go with the MK40...you can't conceal a rifle nearly as easily. :)