PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Quotes

Andy
January 1, 1999, 11:59 AM
"Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American people, time and time again, and betrayed their trust. Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to put the American people through an impeachment. He will serve absolutely no purpose in finishing his term, the only possible solution is for the president to save some dignity and resign."

-12th Congressional District Hopeful William Jefferson Clinton during the Nixon investigation

"No question that an admission of making false statements to government officials and interfering with the FBI is an impeachable offense...If a President of the United States ever lied to the American people, he should resign."

-Clinton on President Nixon, Aug. 6, 1974

"The other thing we have to do is to take seriously the role in this problem of...older men who prey on underage women...There are consequences to decisions and...one way or another, people always wind up being held accountable."

-Clinton, June 13, 1996

"I ask that all Americans demonstrate in their personal and public lives...the high ethical standards that are essential to good character and to the continued success of our Nation."

-Clinton, Oct. 17, 1997
"National Character Counts Week"

I guess thats what the polls said he should say at that time, huh?

Andy

[This message has been edited by Andy (edited 01-02-99).]

melster
January 1, 1999, 02:15 PM
Well, I guess we can add 'Hypocrite' to his list of crimes.

Dakota Law Dog
January 1, 1999, 06:21 PM
Don't remember who said it, but it goes like this-"If you don't like what the polls say, find out what the English or French think!"

Rich Lucibella
January 2, 1999, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>...societies that are doing very well now have low crime rates and high economic growth rates, partly because they have very coherent societies ... where the unit is more important than the individual....
.... when we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would use [sic] it responsibly. That is, when we set up this country, abuse of people by government was a big problem. So if you read the Constitution, it's rooted in the desire to limit the ability of government's ability [sic] to mess with you, because that was a huge problem. ...
What's happened in America today is ... there's a lot of irresponsibility. ...there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it.[/quote] President Bill Clinton, 3-22-94, MTV's "Enough is Enough"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to legitimately own handguns and rifles...that we are unable to think about reality.[/quote] President Bill Clinton, USA Today, March 11. 1993

------------------
"We the People" was never intended to reference "the collective".

TEX
January 9, 1999, 01:48 PM
Yea, he is a real pain isn't he. Sometimes I feel like a bumper sticker I saw that said "Where is Lee Harvey Oswald When You Really Need Him" :)