PDA

View Full Version : Glock 23 Problem or perhaps not?????

The Boss
September 30, 2006, 09:55 PM
Greetings again. I think I have a problem with my G23. I'll try my best to describe the problem in detail. Please excuse my technical ability to name the parts of my G23, as I am still learning. Here it goes: While at the range I run through a few mags of ammo. I have 13 round mags, from time to time I'll get to the end of a mag and the slide of my 23 will position itself in the "locked open" position. Most of the time I will insert a full mag, rack the slide or hit the slide lock to chamber a new round. I say most of the time because there have been quite a few times that the slide will "automatically" release when I insert a full mag. At first I though my finger slipped and hit the lock. Since the 1st incident I have made a consious effort not to place a stray finger anywhere near the lock while loading. It doesn't happen all the time (this is why I feel it happens because of a problem), when it does, it scares the heck outta me. Is this normal or a problem? Thanks in advance for the replies. :confused:

STLRN
September 30, 2006, 10:02 PM
How hard are you inserting the new mag?

DonR101395
September 30, 2006, 10:02 PM
It's normal, it seems to depend on the pistol and how hard you seat the magazine. My all five of my Glocks do it from time to time. It may have something to do with the spring tension of the slide stop, but it's not a big deal to me.

The Boss
September 30, 2006, 10:06 PM
I though about it for a while. When "it" happened, I did insert the mag with a little more force. I have to get my testosterone in check. LOL I guess I'm good. Thanks guys