PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 Rifles?

The Terminator
September 9, 2006, 11:09 AM
I know that they don't cost a lot. I picked up a 300 Magnum, lefthanded. It is blued with a wood stock. They dealer wanted 375 cash, but I traded even with a Smith Airweight pistol that I had paid 379 for a while back.

I have never owed a Savege bolty, though I did have a Model 99, and it was a very good rifle. I wish I still had it. This gun looks to be a few years old, though it looks like it has never been hunted with. Not a mark on it. The wood is a deep brown, nice color.

Does anybody have one? The bolts look heavy and sturdy. I hope it holds up to some range time, and to some deer hunting where very long shots come up. I have a Tasco 3x10x40 on my 45-70 that I have been wanting to take off, too much scope for the gun. I have a place to put it now. Best -

jbirdhaffield
September 9, 2006, 11:27 AM
Hey there Terminator, I own a Savage 110 .270 that I have had for atleast 6 years. The gun is my favorite. It has proven to be reliable in the most horrible weather conditions as well as very accurate. I just bought another Savage this time a wood grained .243 I will gladly share my knowledge in it after I shoot it next weekend. Don't let anyone lead you into the wrong direction. Savage is an excellent brand that have been around for a LONG time. It sounds that you have the older version 110 like mine which does not have the Accutrigger. If it doesn't than go to grafs.com for the best prices in changing your trigger if you would like. They have one for our model that is adjustible from 2-6 lbs. You made a great choice on your trade.

bacardisteve
September 9, 2006, 12:07 PM
+1 SAVAGES are awesome rifles for the price i have a 111g in 30-06 i baught back in 2000. i still love this rifle . i think i paid like 350 for it. last year i sent it to hilll country rifles for the accuracy package and now i can shoot 3" groups at 300yds

Action_Can_Do
September 9, 2006, 04:01 PM
The accuracy Savages deliver vs. the price is nothing short of incredible! Remingtons are put to shame buy Savages.

hps1
September 9, 2006, 10:34 PM
Have three Savage rifles. An FP10 in .223 which shoots in the .3's, a pre-accutrigger .338 Win Mag which shoots 5 shot 100 yd. 5/8" groups and a 116 Safari Express in .375 H & H which currently only shoots 1.25" 100 yd groups, but still in load development stages. It is also pre-accutrigger rifle, but both have had the factory triggers worked on and are quite crisp in the 3-3.5 # range.

Great rifles!

Regards,
hps