PDA

View Full Version : hornady sst sabots

deerslayer79
September 7, 2006, 03:56 PM
Has anybody had any expierience with these new slugs.I am currently using lightfield hybrid exp's in my H+R ultra and wanted to know if anyone has tried the honady's out.I tried using the heavy mag 2k's :barf: :barf: :barf: they sucked,hopefully these are better.

beny
September 20, 2006, 08:54 PM
Hiya deerslayer 79,

I just bought a box of the new SST's in 12 gauge, but haven't tried them yet. I'll let you know how they do.

BTW, I used the Hornady H2K Heavy Magnum's year before last in my Mossberg 9200 w/rifled barrel and cantilever scope mount and they did great. I grouped less than 3 inches at 100 yards. Last year I tried the Remington Core Lokt because I had trouble finding the Hornady's. The Core Lokt's did almost as well, but seem to have more recoil and muzzle energy.

BTW again, I bagged a 7 point and an 8 point with the Hornady ammo. The 8 point at about 90 yards and the 7 at about 75. Neither of them went very far after being hit, so I am looking forward to trying out the SST's.

I'm hoping to do some shooting this weekend so I should be able to let you know how they do by Monday. However, what works well in my gun may not work in yours, but I'll be happy to keep you informed. See ya.

deerslayer79
September 23, 2006, 02:41 PM
:) yeah give me some info on them sst sabots i'm interested in the results,thanx.

8milimeter
September 26, 2006, 01:12 PM
Tried them in my new Mossberg 500 20ga trophy slugster.
Best I could get at 50 yards was a 4" group.
Remington & Winchester were consistant 1.5"
You really have to try them in your gun to be sure.

Spur0701
September 26, 2006, 05:16 PM
Read this thread below:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219233