PDA

View Full Version : Holosight

indybrad
July 19, 2006, 08:16 PM
I live in Indiana and have to hunt deer with a slug gun. I was wondering if anyone uses a bushnell or eotech holosight and what you think of them. I'd be putting it on a Rem 1100 with a cantalever scope rail.

flesheatingvirus
July 19, 2006, 09:30 PM
I've got an Eotech 512, but it's on my AR. Still, I'm very impressed with it and would recommend it. I think it would work great on a shotgun, just be sure to mount it very securely.

DonR101395
July 19, 2006, 09:36 PM
I've got a bushnell holosight on my AR and it works fine. I've used both the eotech and the bushnell, the eotech seems a little sturdier and I like the hood on it. Another one to look at is the Docter optic red dot. It's priced in between the Bushnell and the Eotech and is more compact, comes in a 3.5moa and 7moa versions and is lighter in weight.

indybrad
July 20, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the replys. Anyone have any experience with the bushnell XLP holosight?

delzo
July 20, 2006, 07:56 PM
I don't have that particular model, (XLP), but I bought a Bushnell Holosight many years ago when they first came out and put it on my Winchester 12ga. I shot several tactical shotgun courses using it and was called a "cheater" because I was on target so fast. I carried it on duty for years without one problem, even from the heavy recoil.

indybrad
July 21, 2006, 03:04 AM
I went out and got the XLP. I really like the fact that it's a little lower than the other models. Now I don't know if I want to put it on my AR or my slug gun.

IronBalls
July 21, 2006, 05:03 PM
shoot it and review,.. inquirring minds want to know

I love the eotech on my su16b, and am thinking of an xlp 53-0027 for my remington 870...