PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 Magazines

midlandwalther
July 16, 2006, 08:28 PM
Has anyone tried the Enhanced Reliability HK mag for the ar 15? They look extremely expensive but Hk makes pretty good quality stuff so they might be worth it. Im also looking at the C-Products SS mag w/ chrome spring. Any advise would be appreciated.

FirstFreedom
July 16, 2006, 09:32 PM
They sure do enhance the reliability of HK making an obscene profit when you buy one.

Arizona Fusilier
July 16, 2006, 10:07 PM
I have never had an issue with anybody's M-16/AR-15 magazine; I have never experienced a failure of any kind I could attribute to a magazine.

Some guns are just plain more sensitive in this department; that and perhaps everbody's got the the AR mag thing down pat from a manufacturing standpoint. The military has gone through several suppliers, and I have used every one (well, except maybe for what's being used in the sand box now).

Regardless, I would not pay HK, or anyone else, a premium for an AR mag under any circumstances.

Pinky Carruthers
July 16, 2006, 10:19 PM
These guys have a good reputation over at www.AR15.com and their new steel mag is supposed to have good reliablity like the Hk mag without the price.
C Products (http://cproductsllc.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/003158.1.120934990087502882)

IZinterrogator
July 16, 2006, 10:38 PM
I bought 10 of them to use over in the sandbox because they are supposed to be more resistant to dust getting into them and fouling them up. I'll give you all a review after about six months, so expect it around April.

tulsamal
July 16, 2006, 11:01 PM
Wouldn't you rather have GI for $10 each? Brand new?

http://www.44mag.com/home.asp

HorseSoldier
July 17, 2006, 10:08 AM
We've had them in my unit since last fall or so, and they seem to generate some mixed opinions. They were the hot new thing when they first came in and everyone was all about switching over to them. I know a number of guys who've since switched back to using aluminum mags only. Part of that may be because we had a lot of feed problems with the HK mags when we first got them (eventually diagnosed as guys bending the feed lips slightly on the mags when jamming them as fast as possible with speedloaders and stripper clips). Part of it is that they are heavier. Part of it is that they don't seem to work a whole lot better than the aluminum USGI mags.

Some guys seem to like them. Some guys regard them as a solution looking for a problem.