PDA

View Full Version : My apology

Harry Bonar
June 25, 2006, 05:31 PM
Dear Staff:
I apologize, yes, for letting this get personsal - and to the gentleman adephue for being ridiculing to his post.
It was wrong - I felt attack and don't respond well to that - but I apologize for getting our of line - I was wrong!
This regards the post of the brake for the Taurus.

I take full responsibility for this and hope my behaviour hasn';t brought reproach on the spirit of the Forum.
I stand corrected! Harry Bonar

adephue
June 25, 2006, 06:13 PM
Harry, I hope you and our TFL friends will accept my apology as well. I like this community because, for the most part, any gun-loving American can share his or her passion with others of the same interest regardless of their depth of experience or expertise.

My reaction was to being branded:

a "boy",
boys with their toys will be boys, but to each his own

not "man enough" to handle a weapon,
unless you just aren't man enough to hold up the big old revolver

not a "real shooter" or "real pistolero"

Real shooters don't do this... ...but real pistoleros will laugh!

not a "real man"
I know what real men do with their guns

... all because I expressed interest in the possibility of wanting to make an asthetic modification that I thought might look unique (and maybe just cool) to a weapon I own.

Right or wrong (for wanting to make the modification), my anger was and is toward the type of treatment that I recieved. All of those comments and underlying opinions could have been expressed in a much more civil and far less personally indiginifying way.

I shouldn't have let anyone's comments get under my skin, and should not have gone the step further to react on it... in that I was wrong as well. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

Harry Bonar
June 25, 2006, 08:02 PM
Dear Shooter:
Yea! I'm just an old dinosaur and actually I've been in a bad mood for two days. I really am sorry. Let's bury the hatchet and go on from here!
Glad to have you on the Forum and am glad to hear from you.
I understand your feelings - I get crusty sometimes (will be 70 in a month) and get a little raunchy!
I've got a Raging Bull in 480 Ruger cal. A Doc. I'm training to be a gunsmith from Mayo in Jacksonville - he bought the Smith 500 in the short bbl version and I shot it. If you want a showpiece it's really no different than when I dress up a 1911.
Look forward to see you on the Forum.
Harry B.:D

adephue
June 25, 2006, 09:52 PM
Burried.

cntryboy1289
June 27, 2006, 01:07 PM
I responded the way I did to your post because of the way you completely blew off some very good advise from one of the best pistolsmiths alive. You chided him without any thought to your response other than to just lambaste him for not agreeing with your line of thought.

I still say that if you post here or anywhere else, take the good advise with the bad and keep it for what it is worth to you. No one ever said that everyone will agree with you or like your idea, but that is also no reason to give back a snide comment either. Just let 'em go and keep on doing what it is that you want to do.

I and many others feel that what you want to have done will affect the accuracy of your fine revolver and have told you so. You can of course do with it whatever it is that you want to do, it is yours afterall. Just don't scratch your head asking yourself why the revolver won't hit the side of a barn when you get all the work done though and blame the smith that did the work for you.

Harry Bonar
June 27, 2006, 07:23 PM
CNTRYBOY1289:
It's O.K. guy - the reason for my apology was due to the staffs' feeling that I'd made it personal - and I had.
I stick by it and I, myself, must stick with the feeling of staff in this matter.
I agree with you CNTRYBOY1289, you are a friend and a man - I appreciate you.
I usually, even though I don't feel guilty, give an apology - I do have my own thoughts on the matter but I must abide by staffs' feelings.
Thanks for your manly reply - I appreciate it.
Harry B.:)

cntryboy1289
June 27, 2006, 09:30 PM
I didn't know the Staff had gotten involved with the other post. I had been gone to pick up a new mill this past weekend and read what had been posted and then your post apologising.

I myself have learned a lot from you Harry and respect you as well. Take care and God bless you Harry.