PDA

View Full Version : Para P-12

mikefayetteville
May 28, 2006, 10:03 PM
I purchased a P-12 and am interested on any comments from owners/previous owners of same. I have heard a lot of pros and cons about this handgun.
I will fire it for the first time this week.
Any comments/opinions are appreciated.

JoshB
May 29, 2006, 07:14 AM
+1 on your purchase!
I have a P14 and havn't had any problems with it.
It may be a good idea to check out different HP's. Gold Dot worked fine, excep the last round didn't chamber. Havn't had any problems with Hydrashock. But, every gun is different.
I had some difficulty removing the guide rod spring. You have to twist it off the guide rod. After a few hundred rounds it should loosen up on its own. Overall, I think it was a great purchase and I am considering getting a single stack in the far future.

hot sauce
May 29, 2006, 07:35 PM
+1 on the p14

res1b3uq
May 29, 2006, 11:00 PM
Got one. No frills, just does exactly what it's supposed to do, every time. Good groups at 15 yds., about 2" high and 1" left. I can live with that.No problems with 185 gr. HP's.

JoshB
May 30, 2006, 07:45 AM
Good groups at 15 yds., about 2" high and 1" left.

You can adjust the sights, right?

res1b3uq
May 30, 2006, 10:02 AM
I do not consider the P12 a target gun. I have other pistols I use for target shooting. I do not tinker with a pistol if it does the job it was designed to do to my satisfaction. Two inches at 15 yds. is not a problem for me.

oystermick
May 30, 2006, 11:05 AM
The P12 was my first 1911 type. I purchased it around '95 and it's been a very accurate pistol. I recently sold it and purchased a stainless PXT. I'm a guy who is wedded to steel framed guns. Just a personal preference. The down side to my "wedding" is the pistol is not easy to conceal in warm weather. The thing is HEAVY with the 12+1. It is however, a superb pistol to shoot. It's smooth and as accurate as the the shooter. Out of the box, I was hitting a torso steel target at 75 yards an average of 5 of 6 Based on 100 rounds of Remington 230 gr. FMJ) . I wasn't able to determine the grouping, but at 75 yds. and hitting target I was quite happy. IMO, the P12 is a very fine choice.