May 10, 2006, 09:59 PM
a few questions
1 do they lock in place when folded?
2 are they solid when extended?
3 are they durable?

Bullet94
May 11, 2006, 01:44 AM
1 - They lock when folded or extended.

2 - There is a little movement until you put it in your shoulder tight.

3 - Mine appears to be durable (it's metal) but I haven't had mine long enough to tell.

My under folding AK is a Yugo. I believe the Yugo army used these stocks so I assume their pretty durable.

gdm
May 11, 2006, 01:01 PM
they lock in pretty tight.mine is a russian kit build/us receiver and tapco g series fire cont aasmbly. it was built by a professional smith and owner of a new company here in ohio.zero trigger slap,actually a breeze to shoot an entire afternoon.

the arm swings under the gun and snaps in very tightly,there is very little play.the first time I pressed the release button,it almost wouldnt budge but has loosened up.the arm(folding stock) itself and all the components are all heat treated steel,reinforced in stress areas.id say its very durable,it seems to add a slight bit of weight to the gun.the rear sling(mine is an odd blue color) attaches next to the release button.

I paid 409 bucks and tax for mine.zero malfunctions,used both wolf hp and wolf fmj.

Dre_sa
May 11, 2006, 03:03 PM
yes yes and yes. ive handled a few ak's in my brief time of being a gun nut. (about 19 years or so) the underfolders are awesome, lock in both positions, most play ive seen when forward is about 5 to 8 milimeters but those were well looked after. seemed to be very sturdy, i wouldnt subject it to any unnecessary pressures or bang it real hard, but have heard stories about people using them to club people, aparently no worse for wear. (these stories are from ex-leos here in south africa) other wise great rifle, if a little tough to get used to

ktd
May 23, 2006, 02:27 AM
The AK underfoler is reasonably sturdy, the biggest complaint is that they are not terribly ergo, the bars are widly spaced apart (one on each side of the receiver), and do not give a good cheek weld. Also, if you are wearing armour with plates, it is hard to shoulder (at least for my short stubby arms). Because it has to clear the magazine, the stock is somewhat long and not adjustable. The arms lock pretty hard, but the buttplate is just friction locked, so that can wear after a while and flop around a bit. Normal usage will not wear the thing out any. The Yugo's are one of the better made examples.

dfaugh
May 23, 2006, 12:20 PM
do not give a good cheek weld.

My buddy has a chinese (pre-ban) underfolder, and the stock is quite sturdy and stable...but i can't shoot it worth crap, as there's no place to "set my face" when firing from the shoulder. Its a neat piece, but not real practical, when you come right down to it.

Osborn F. Enready
May 23, 2006, 01:16 PM
GDM said:
new company here in ohio

I say:
What is the name of the company if I may ask?

I live in Northwest Ohio, and am looking for a reputable AK familliar smith.

Do you know if they work on all AK variants, or only Russian models?

My AK is a Maadi, 7.62X39 with the thumbhole stock.

Thanks.... ;)

gdm
May 23, 2006, 01:28 PM
osborn, check yur pm.

I havent tried the yugo version thats out,it looks like a different us made receiver.the price on these seems higher,not sure what is used in the underfolder.

Osborn F. Enready
May 23, 2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks GDM. Appreciate the reply.

No PM for some reason though.