PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick out a new rifle!!

bombadillo
April 17, 2006, 08:22 PM
My birthday was the 14th and my wife was going to get me a ruger 10/22 that was already tricked out, but we decided to hold off on that. I would like something that shoots either a .223 or a 7.62x39. I have looked at an sks, mini 14, mini 30, and other than that, I don't know what I can go with that will be california legal or even acquired for that matter. I definitely want a rifle this time, but throw some ideas that have a big aftermarket, california legal, and will be more tactical rifle style. Any help is appreciated as well as links and pictures. Thanks

TJ Freak
April 17, 2006, 08:41 PM
Go to aimsurplus.com You can get a nice K31 for about 250.00. They are Swiss army surplus rifles. Get a best of 5 walnut stock with sling and 180 rnds of ammo for that price. Remove the butt plate and you may see the last 3 or 4 soldiers who owned it. It is an excellent rifle, very unique. The metal is in great condition, especially the bore. They shoot very well and are built like a swiss watch. I love the one I have.http://p223.ezboard.com/fcurioandrelicfirearmsforumfrm9 has lots of pics and the details

;)

You will need to find a FFL dealer to have it shipped to. Most will charge you about 20.00 to do the paper work. I got mine through a pawn shop here in Spokane , WA

Good luck

bombadillo
April 17, 2006, 10:37 PM
I've asked on another board and the consensus was a kel-tec su-16. You can retrofit the folding stock and other parts, they take ar-15 or m-16 mags, and are sweet looking rifles. What about those??