PDA

View Full Version : Ar-15

rjv140
April 10, 2006, 09:26 AM
u am interested in building an AR-15 i like the looks of thoses rock river pieces if i were to buy one it would be over time and in parts with in 6 months i would more then likely have all the parts i am looking for a gun just to screw around with at the range and maybe shoot some varmints can some one give me a good idea what exact parts i would need for gun, what should i buy first and i would like to make the as accurate as possible for approximately 8-900 w/o scope. how hard are the to put together because i have a gunsmith that i know that would put it together pretty cheap.

thanks

FirstFreedom
April 10, 2006, 09:57 AM
Please edit your post after checking and re-doing your basic grammar: Punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and diction. This is not my rule; it is a forum rule. You will then likely get responses. :)

ford_shooter
April 10, 2006, 10:00 AM
Rockrivers is a good choice. I have a 20" free float upper with a 1:8 twist and is very accurate. Building ARs if very simple IMO. You can buy them in 2 haves if you want to do it easy. Buy a complete upper half and a complete lower easily for under $800. My FF upper with harris bipod ran me $560 out the door and the lower only cost me $150 after i built it. So you can get it done for farely reasonable price. It takes no time to build an AR upper or lower. Just time and money is all you need.

NedreckSavant
April 10, 2006, 12:22 PM
M16 purty i like to shoot two What is your favorite part mine is smellling like fireworks and the ringing in my ears sometimes theres bugs ever shoot a big bug out the air i bet if you had a m16 you cud building one might be hard though, espcially when you communicate like a six year old.