PDA

View Full Version : Issue Handguns of UT HP, NV HP and VT SP

Captain38
April 8, 2006, 09:53 AM
Over a period of several months, I have sought to put together a complete and comprehensive list of the issued handguns for all of the state police and highway patrol agencies in the country.

I sent out a one page questionnairre to each of the 49 such agencies and received outstanding cooperation in almost every instance. (I identified myself up front as a retired State Police Captain and a graduate of the FBI National Academy and, even though I stressed that the sole purpose of my research was just to satisfy personal curiosity, this seemed to open quite a few doors). Based on previous contacts, I already had the information on make, model and caliber from most of the agencies, so even without getting the 100% replies to the questionnairres that I'd hoped for, my list is now almost complete.

I still, however, would like to determine what the Nevada Highway Patrol and the Vermont State Police issue. I would also like to verify that the Utah Highway Patrol is still issuing the Beretta 8040 Cougar, with which I believe they replaced the HK P7M13 a few years ago. If anyone can respond with ABSOLUTELY CERTAINTY to any of these remaining questions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.