PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Decide

prater
April 5, 2006, 10:22 PM
I'm getting ready to buy a new handgun. I currently own a Springfield Armory 1911A1 Mil Spec and I love it but I'm ready to add to my collection and get a new weapon possibly to be used for a CCW when I get my license in October. I've narrowed it down to an SA XD and or a Sig P226. Either way I eventually intend to own both but one will probably have to do for now. Also I have a question of calibers. Which caliber do you recomend for each gun, I'm thinking if/when I get an XD it'll be .45 due to the capacity over the Sig and since the XD will be the bulkier of the two I intend to deck it out with all sorts of goodies. However in the Sig I'm thinking 40 S&W since it would be easily interchangable with 357 Sig and this will be my primary CCW and later my duty weapon. I just want your opinions on which I should get first.

Oh and don't tell me to get a glock, I've fired them and the grip angle just didn't fit my hand. Plus I'm just not a fan of such a simple disposable gun. I'm sure they're great and rugged and will last forever but then again, so is my curbside trash can.

Thanks

blume357
April 6, 2006, 07:07 AM
Personally for concealed carry, I think you need something a little less bulky...but all that aside and keeping in mind I own two springfields. I'd go with the sig. Only reason is I carry a Sig 230 on me 99% of the time. If you are going to change callibers.. then I'd just get a Sig 239. This is what's on my list.