PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg ATR 100 rifle?

Barr
April 3, 2006, 04:56 PM
I was surfing the internet today and came across the Mossberg ATR 100 rifle. I noticed one in the local Walmart the other day.

I have two questions:

I am looking for a good relatively no-frills gun that will have a synthetic stock and preferably stainless steel parts. Could be blued for the money. I am a college student on a budget and would like to get a rifle that will last for a lifetime and not be wanting in accuracy. Budget is roughly 450 dollars.

Does anyone have the Mossberg ATR 100 rifle and what do you think of it? I am leaning towards a Savage witht he Accutrigger but the Mossberg's price is very attractive. Roughly 140 dollars cheaper is a very big incentive.

bgoldhunter
April 3, 2006, 05:25 PM
For that price range, I personally would prefet a Stevens over the Mossy. It is a very nice rifle, and all the examples I have had or witnessed have shot very well (especially after about 50-100 rounds to break the rifle in). From the few examples of the Mossberg I have seen, it just isn't quite the gun for the money that the Stevens is.

If you wanted to spend more, you really can't go wrong with the Savage. They are great rifles at great prices.