PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy....

HiPowering Along
March 17, 2006, 08:14 PM
A Browning Hi-Power in .45 if FN/Browning came out with it?

Personally, I'd just have to try it, based on the stellar performance of the three Hi-Powers I currently own...

<Hey, Browning - HINT, HINT, HINT!!!!>

:D

steelheart
March 17, 2006, 09:07 PM
John M. Browning has already done it - it's called the 1911;)

Seriously, the Hi-Power pistol cannot accomodate the .45ACP cartridge - it's an engineering/physics thing.

"But Cap'n... I canna' change the laws of physics!!!"
-Chief engineer Montgomery Scott, USS Enterprise/NCC-1701:D

Half-Price Assassin
March 17, 2006, 09:09 PM
i would rather buy a USP45, or GLOCK 21

maas
March 17, 2006, 11:52 PM
you will never find a better home for the 45 acp then the 1911, thats what that gun is made for.

Ozzieman
March 18, 2006, 05:18 AM
BUT:rolleyes:
A High power in 45 ACP,,,,,,,,,,,:)
That would be an interesting toy. I'd buy one... in a second.:)

HiPowering Along
March 18, 2006, 07:26 PM
Hey, Browning/FN beefed up the slide on the .40 to accomodate the additional 'physics' of the .40 - why not pattern a .45 after the 9mm/40 Hi Power?

Hey, I'm a Browning fan, so sue me.... :D :D :D

glockfan1963
March 18, 2006, 08:35 PM
i think glocks are fantastic in any caliber in all ways triger pull /quality/light/accurate/ almost rust proof/just check around at reports that they withstand dropped from helicopters and still fire etc etc and the price is much lower then the competion and if they where not that good why are other manufactures copy cat the glock also sigs and hk are also great quality firearms but around two to tree hundred more what ever pistol you choose it must fit and feel good in your hand

rhgunguy
March 18, 2006, 09:12 PM
No. In my experience when you try to re-work an existing gun for for a caliber that is significantly larger/smaller something gets lost in translation. I have seen quite a few 9mm/.40 caliber 1911s turn jam-o-matic. The CZ75 is the picture of ergonomics. The CZ97? Not so much. Just a few examples, but I could be wrong. I also must agree that glocks are great (as is punctuation and sentance structure)and the design seems to have fewer problems when adapted to other calibers.