PDA

View Full Version : Hi Point customer service

DeltaWhiskey
March 6, 2006, 08:40 PM
One of my co-workers purchased a new Hi Point Model JHP in .45 not too long ago. He asked me what I thought of it and I told him that having one was better than having a pointy stick. He grimaced at me and went about his business.

Last week he asked how to ship a pistol back to the manufacturer. He said UPS was giving a bunch of grief about trying to ship one. I asked him what was up and he told me that he had broken the firing pin in his Hi Point. I told him to call Hi Point and explain what broke and just ask them if they would send him some replacement parts. He came back the next day and told me that Hi Point was very pleasant to him on the phone and promised to send a firing pin, a spring and a sleeve out ASAP.

He got the parts yesterday, at absolutely no cost at all to him. I put it in for him tonight, and he'll get it back tomorrow, all without having to fool with shipping it back.

Say what you will about the Hi Point pistols, but they really do seem to have outstanding customer service and are willing to back their products.

Of course, I'm not ready to purchase a blowback operated .45 that takes down by knocking out a roll pin...

Recon7
March 6, 2006, 09:16 PM
but if you ship it out to them they have a habit of giving you a free mag back with your fixed gun.

1inthechamber
March 6, 2006, 09:46 PM
Funny this thread was started because I got my C9 back from the factory today.

I had trouble getting the slide back on, and when I finally did, something didn't seem right. I thought I had screwed something up, so I sent it in to get checked out. Yes, it was my fault, but hey, you live and you learn.

Anyway, all I wanted them to do was see if it was operable and test fire it. Well they did much more than just check it out and test fire it (I also asked for the shells if they did fire it, and they sent 3 spent casings). When I got the pistol back, it looked like a brand new gun. They replaced the slide (with a new front sight color, which I think is better for sighting in), new firing pin (which didn't really need it, but hey, what the hell, right?), spring, stud ball, sear & spring, and sear cam along with a new magazine plus a second set of trigger lock and key, breech plug, and ghost sight.

Great customer service/warranty. :)