PDA

View Full Version : canadian firearm laws

kamakazi_kid
February 28, 2006, 08:36 PM
just wondering if anyone you know about canadian gun laws besides they are to tight?I need to know if I could get a bigger clip for my remington 742 .308 or my sako .300 wsm.the only thing I can find is that semi autos cant have more than 10 shot magazines and it lookes like rim fire doesn't have a limit or bolt action center fires.I am also wondering about making guns/gun parts.do you need a spaecial licence for this or can anyone do it.I know of one fellow machinist who knew someone whos friend who built his own .50 bmg.I wouldn't start with that but I would like to find out if building my own clips would be legal or not

MrPlinky
March 2, 2006, 03:47 PM
Well im from Canada, and the law for center fire semi auto rifles is only 5 shot magazines are allowed:mad: I just bought a Mini 30 and a crate of 1200 rounds for i, its going to take a long time to shoot this stuff:D As far as importing magazines to Canada from the US (Im assuming your from Canada) good luck trying to find someone to ship high capacity magazines, as they will check your parcel at customs. Not worth the hassle in my opinion, but to each there own i guess.

Jseime
March 2, 2006, 10:18 PM
I need to know if I could get a bigger clip for my remington 742 .308 or my sako .300 wsm.the only thing I can find is that semi autos cant have more than 10 shot magazines and it lookes like rim fire doesn't have a limit or bolt action center fires.

The largest magazine you are allowed to have for a semi-automatic is a five shot so the four shot on your 742 will have to do because as far as i know the only other option is the 10 shot and i hear bad things, i wouldnt even buy one if they were legal.

Rimfires and centerfire bolt-actions as far as i know are allowed unlimited ammunition in the magazine. However instead of worrying about having larger capacity weapons you should learn to shoot better. No matter how big a deer is if you hit it right the first time with that .308 or the .300 WSM you wont need a second shot, but you already knew that of course.

Just for curiosity's sake why would you need a deer rifle with a high capacity magazine?

kamakazi_kid
March 12, 2006, 12:04 AM
I don't need high cap for deer hunting but I shoot alot and I hate having to reload when you would like to shoot.I didn't mean for it to sound like I just want too spray deer with bullets but higher cap is nice for just all around shooting sometimes.I am a firm beliver of not takeing a shot on deer unless you know the shot will kill.I don't like having to look for deer.the last 5 deer I took only took 6 shots in total and the extra one was because I don't like to see animals suffer.it would have died if I left it but it died faster with the second shot.