PDA

View Full Version : Glock Striker hanging

Glockgun
February 27, 2006, 12:07 AM
On my Glock 21 the striker will hang after the gun is dryfired. This usually happens when the gun is facing down. It gets caught on the safety device that prevents the striker from moving all the way forward unless fired. That piece comes up and holds the striker after fired and keeps it there while the slide comes forward. It does let the striker go when the slide is almost all the way forward or if I push the striker back into the slide with my thumb. I was concerned with the gun possibly exploding due to the striker sticking out as the slide closes on a round. I have seen the striker hang on the safety device like this on other Glocks and was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing?
Thanks

281 Quad Cam
February 27, 2006, 01:31 AM
Keep an eye on the striker as you close the slide... Before it shuts you should see it pop back into the slide.

I worried about this briefly when I changed my regular trigger spring to the NY1 trigger spring. All of a sudden I noticed it did what you describe.

500+ rounds later... It it has not caused any unexpected explosions.

Handy
February 27, 2006, 08:27 AM
Suggestion:

Try it again, but this time hold the trigger to the rear while you cycle the slide. I bet you'll find the striker is engaged by the connector earlier.

This is what happens when you're really firing - you can't relax your finger on the trigger until the slide has already cycled.

Glockgun
February 27, 2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks guys
I had called Glock this morning and they said it was normal. I was concerned about it firing out of battery as the slide closed, but upon further inspection with a live round being chambered slowly with the striker out I could see that the top rear of the case will actually push the striker back into the slide. The ejector wedges the case against the breach face and the case is pushed sideways into the striker recessing it back into the slide. Also on the Glock when I pull the trigger it stays back on its own until the striker pops back into the slide. The striker moves back at the same spot even when the trigger is held until the slide closes.
Thanks

GlocksRfun
February 27, 2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I only see it do that when I take the gun apart. Under normal firing situations it functions properly... When u take it apart, u don't pull the slide back far enough to make it catch on th doomahicky thing..