PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel, if they make em we will buy em

salber01
February 19, 2006, 12:34 AM
Why is Ruger the only producer of stainless hunting shotguns? I can't figure out why with the popularity of stainless in all other gun markets the shotgun (the gun taken into the harshest environments) has been left out. Come on guys help let them know we will buy them.

expeditionx
February 19, 2006, 01:28 AM
Just seen the new all stainless. Nice.

TopGun
February 19, 2006, 03:31 AM
Personally I wouldn't like to see top of the line shotgun makers like Beretta and Browning introduce stainless barrels. I for one enjoy the traditional looks about a shotgun, the wonderful wood and finish used with the design of hunting scenes on the receiver. With the use of stainless you would not be able to get a good traditional looking gun. The shotguns produced by Ruger that have stainless steel barrels comprise of a synthetic stock and forend. Maybe majority of people out there appreciate guns like I do, and the firearm market know what they want!

Steve

Beretta SPII
Miroku 9000

HSMITH
February 19, 2006, 09:15 AM
Stainless steels suitable for gun making aren't nearly as corrosion resistant as 99% of people think they are.

Most don't make stainless becuase it isn't that corrosion reistant, most hunters want a dull dark finish, it is harder to work with and costs more to manufacture, and the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages.

I would not buy one.

publius
February 19, 2006, 09:22 PM
Although I think the Ruger, or any other o/u for that matter in stainless is an abomination, a stainless 870 would be the ticket for ducks. I would teflon coat it of course to stop the shine.