PDA

View Full Version : A Former Marine And His 9mm Beretta 92fs

witness10mm5
February 11, 2006, 05:06 PM
I work with a guy his name is Todd. Or To double dddd. He was a marine sniper. He states that the 9mm is by far more superior to the 40 sw and the 45 Acp in CQB and self defense. By virtue of it's 1. speed 2. piercing ability 3. Penetration 4. more capacity. Qoute" beretta 92 FS is the best thing to ever happen to A Marine and his sidearm.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Personally O don't think there is a jar big enough for his head. I Love and Honor my brother Marines, being retired Army Soldier I can confidentially say
this brother is in a dark cellar looking for a black cat that was not there in the first place.

He carries Beretta 92 fs with 124 grn Plus p Federal hydra shock

I carry Sig P 220 with Hornandy 230 grn Plus P xtp Jhp

He laughs at me Sigs Suck and 45 Acps.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION AND OUTLOOK?

XavierBreath
February 11, 2006, 05:10 PM
My opinion is that he should carry whatever he believes is best. If that's 9mm, then it's 9mm protecting his life, not mine.

I prefer .45ACP protecting my life.

Companion thread (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199271)

Rob96
February 11, 2006, 05:18 PM
There are many in the military that are doing great work with the 9mm. They stick with what works best for them. Just like with the guys in 1st SFOD-D. Everyone talks about the custom Caspians they use, but few realize there are those that continue to use the 9mm.

JR47
February 11, 2006, 06:35 PM
Consider.

A Marine Sniper is not trained to use a pistol as his primary weapon. He, in fact, will probably not be issued a pistol. His experience will remain with his issue weapon.

The USMC has issued the 1911A1 platform to it's Recon Units, at their request. They could have issued the Beretta 92 more cheaply. These are the men on the sharp end of the stick.

The latest military request is for a .45 caliber handgun.

The pistol is not the primary CQB issue weapon in any military unit in the field.

You might suggest that he pratice bragging about what he was trained to do, and leave the choice of handguns to those trained and experienced in their use.:)