PDA

View Full Version : CZ Shotguns

retiredsgt
January 24, 2006, 07:16 PM
Has anyone shot the new(?) CZ Double barrel shotguns. I have seen two in 20 ga. that look , feel and handle well. I have two Parker Bros. 12 ga. guns but I really need a 20, and have not found a Parker 20 ga. in quite a while. I realize the CZ's are made in Turkey, but...

texagun
January 24, 2006, 09:35 PM
You might be interested in this. Just got my Feb. issue of The American Rifleman. They have a review of the CZ Bobwhite SxS in 28 gauge. I noticed on the pattern illustrations for the test gun, that the "point-of-hold" was not centered in the center of the pattern. It appeared that the left barrel shot high and left, and the right barrel shot high and right, relative to the point of aim. No mention was made of this in the article. It would appear to me that the gun was NOT shooting to point of aim.

WIN71
January 28, 2006, 10:21 PM
Either that or those Turks have figured out how to manufacture a built in lead. When they first came out I was hoping CZ was building them. I have a CZ 484, at least I think that was the model number. Anyway it's a 12 ga. over 30-06 and it was manufactured by CZ. It's double triggered with a single set trigger for the rifle. For the price it is very well made. I don't think they are made anymore.

saintjb
January 29, 2006, 05:56 PM
I purchased a CZ Canvasback O/U last year. It's one of the smoothest 20 ga. I have ever shot, and cost me about $580. They are made by Huglu in Turkey. They produce two grades of guns, one for the Eastern European market and one for the Western market, being much better quality. They are made to CZ's specs and are a very good value for the price. The walnut and wood to metal fit is top shelf. I would not be surprised if they do not go up in price over the next couple of years. Mark DeHaan, was the original distributor in the US, but CZ has realized the value and are taking over, although DeHaan may still sell them. Mine is very accurate,.... I do very well in competitions. I can afford a Beretta, Winchester, Browning....etc. But, unless your into the sport to show off your toys why spend four times the price. Go try one.

Best.
JB

kudu
January 29, 2006, 06:02 PM
I have a Huglu .410 SxS, now called/imported from CZ. It is a very nice little gun for the money, I don't think it will hold up to many thousands of rounds, but for what it is I am satisfied. It is very well regulated between the barrels. They shoot within 4" of each other with slugs at 60 yards. That is impressive with a shotgun, not bad with a double rifle.

Quality can be touch and go with some of the turkish guns, DeHaan is some of the better turkish guns, but all are made IIRC in the same location.

retiredsgt
January 29, 2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks, Guys! I did read the article in the A.R.magazine. The doubles I saw are interesting!:cool:

christianpindichi
February 3, 2006, 08:31 AM
CZ-s are made in Cehs Republic not in Turkey.and there r really great guns.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
February 3, 2006, 11:49 AM
CZ RIFLES and PISTOLS are made in the Czech Republic

CZ SHOTGUNS are made in Turkey by Huglu.

oletymer
February 3, 2006, 11:49 AM
The CZ shotguns are made in Turkey, look at one.

svenco
February 4, 2006, 11:52 AM
I recently traded in my $875 CZ Ringneck 20 SxS w/28" barrel. Hearing great things about the CZ (absolutely made in Turkey), I was attracted to the price, feel and the classic looks (case grey receiver). It had a sticky safety, however, and selective trigger system would hang causing no switch over to the other barrel. Nothing more aggravating than to have two pheasants fly in a classic left right and only have a chance at one! Bottom line, you get what you pay for. I ponied up 4x on price and went with a Beretta 471 Silver Hawk with 26" barrel (waiting for 28"). No that's a beautiful gun!