PDA

View Full Version : Question about 9 MM ??

PrisonPolice
January 24, 2006, 07:42 AM
It seems to me that when asked to picked the one or several 9 mm's that one should own the answers always say Ruger, HK, Smith, Taurus, Sig, Browning, Beretta etc but on a recent thread about buying the one gun non polymer, most said CZ...

I have heard nothing but good about them and although I own Smith, Ruger, and HK brands, I am going to or at least was going to purchase a CZ 75 compact.

Is the CZ reliable, accurate and a good firearm for personal defense carry??

I know or at least feel safe with my 3906 and am confident in the fact if I need it will be there... Will i get the same feeling with the CZ???

CajunBass
January 24, 2006, 07:54 AM
I've never shot a CZ but everything I read about them indicates they're a well made, reliable gun. The one's I've seen sure look good. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if that was what I wanted.

SMITH910
January 24, 2006, 09:11 AM
I don't own one, but I've heard tons of things about them ALL good. I would pick one up based on everything I heard. Good looking guns too!

Hard Ball
January 24, 2006, 11:59 AM
Yes, The CZ is a reliable, accurate and a good firearm for personal defense carry out of the box.

Mosin44az
January 24, 2006, 11:37 PM
Long trigger pull is one issue with CZs, though some models allow cocked-and-locked carry. Lots of practice and a protective holster for that mode....

Juna
January 25, 2006, 08:57 AM
I can't say enough good things about the CZ 75 series. I've fired a few different variants, and I own the full size 75 BD. It's an all steel gun (unless you get the PCR or P-01, which have alloy frames). It's the most accurate semi-auto I've ever fired. It's reliable. It's been tested over time (it's carried by more military, police, and government agencies in the world than any other gun, according to CZ). The design has been around since 1975 and has been copied extensively. I have absolutely no reservations about my CZ 75.

Some options include:
Full or compact
DA/SA or SAO (and maybe even DAO, I can't remember)
Manual safety (cocked'n'locked carry) or decocker
Black polycoat, dual tone (nickel frame, black slide), satin nickel, or stainless steel finish
Accessory rail or no rail
Multiple grips available ("anatomic", plastic, rubber, wood, etc.)

Also, you can get a .22 conversion kit ("Kadet conversion kit") for any of the CZ 75 series, which means you can get dirt cheap practice shooting with the same frame you'd use with the 9mm (which is nice if it's your primary HD weapon).

I find that for a full size double stack gun, the gun has a slim profile. Part of that is b/c the slide rides inside the frame. I think the grip is small enough that most people should be able to handle it with no problem.

Check out the cz forum, too (http://p201.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792). I really highly recommend CZ. I'm not saying that HK, Sig, etc. are bad (they're all excellent guns). BUT, for the money, I don't think you can get a better pistol than a CZ 75 series. I got mine for $300 with 4 magazines, holster, case, lock, box, manual, cleaning brush, etc.

I love HK, personally, and plan to get one eventually but I can't afford one right now. I spent half the money on my CZ that I would have spent on a good deal on an HK. Just my $.02. :)

Mark54g
January 25, 2006, 10:36 AM
I shot one twice and I fell in love. I am hopefully picking up my 75B Stainless today :) I just have to make sure not to giggle all the way home until I can strip it and relube it :)

FirstFreedom
January 25, 2006, 12:34 PM
CZ da bomb.

BamaMac54
January 25, 2006, 12:55 PM
No First...CZ is a handgun:D

Tall Pine
January 25, 2006, 04:02 PM
another thumbs up to the CZ line. They are great pistols. Accurate, excellent quality and reputation, reasonable price. What else could one want?

TP

War Eagle to ya' BamaMac54 :D

flycaster
January 25, 2006, 05:35 PM
I read up on the CZ line before choosing a CZ85 Combat. Except for the supposedly long D.A. pull, I just couldn't find many negative comments. I only have 400 rounds through mine so far, but it's very comfortable for me to grip and shoot, it's very accurate, and so far it's been 100%. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Chuck

JDG
January 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
CZ all the way!:)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/cz002.jpg

Mark54g
January 25, 2006, 10:12 PM
obligatory picture of my new gun :)

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5296/P1010065.jpg

Colt1903
January 25, 2006, 10:53 PM
Trust me, this is one purchase you won't regret. They are a tremendous value.