PDA

View Full Version : Glock or Sig

January 23, 2006, 02:54 PM
In my current search for my next 9mm (replacement for the Ruger P94) I am looking outside of my original box. I am now looking into Glock and possibly Sig. Models G17 and P226. I would like some feedback, and most importantly, pictures of some groups if at all possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I just recieved a new camera and I got a new gun and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to post a pic. Can someone please give me the easiest route in doing this? Again, thanks.

High Planes Drifter
January 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
Well, I'm sure you already know this, but both are exceptionally reliable. From my experience with Sig I would say the 226 is capable of better accuracy. Ergonomics would also go to the Sig. Available accesories would probably go to the Glock, price also. In the end I think I would just hold each of them to see which one you like the best. I really dont care for the way Glocks fit in my hand, and I am biased towards Sig. Tho I am pretty sure you wont hear much bad about either of the 2.

Hard Ball
January 23, 2006, 04:40 PM
I would certainly choose the P226. In most respects it is the superior pistol/

stephen426
January 23, 2006, 05:11 PM
The Sig is definitely a nicer shooting gun but the Glock has the "Safe-Action" which offers a consistent trigger pull from the first shot to the last. In a high stress self defense situation, I feel there is a better chance of hitting the target with the lighter Glock Safe-Action versus Sig's smooth but heavy double action trigger. The Sig's single action is much nicer to shoot than the Glock trigger but few self defense situations allow you time to cock the hammer back. The Sig does not allow for a cocked and locked carry and carrying it in single action is very dangerous. If the main purpose of this gun is self defense carry, I strongly suggest you consider the Glock. I used to hate the "mushy" trigger of the Glock but that is what I carry exclusively.

The Sig is a great gun but it is pretty priicey. The balance is superb, the ergonomics are perfect, the accuracy is great, and the gun is utterly reliable. The Glock also is more economical, has excellent reliability, is tough as nails, and is very accurate. Choose the one that you shoot better as this should be the deciding factor. Be sure to shoot the Sig in double action and do it quickly rather than slowly squeezing the trigger (more realisticfor a self defense situation). It takes a long time to get used to shooting it well and then changing positions to shoot the gun in single action.

Greg Bell
January 23, 2006, 06:43 PM
The 226 is either the best, or certainly one of the top three combat handguns available. It is the choice of the SEALs and the SAS for a reason...it is one bad ass handgun. OTOH, the GLOCK 17 is a great, easy to use and maintain handgun that has proven itself thousands of times in LEO hands--and the GSG-9 use it! I think I would prefer the SIG, but only by a hair. I would let my hands make the decision. Pick the one that feels best and don't look back.

TacticalFats
January 23, 2006, 06:43 PM
I've owed a Sig P226, Glock 22,23 and 27.

In what respects is the Sig superior?

fairview mick
January 23, 2006, 06:55 PM
I just happen to have both. The Glock is a multi bbl m-31 with a 9mm bbl and .40. The gun is built as a .357 Sig.
My p226 is a 9mm. I have shot many rounds from both and the more I shoot the Sig(a recent purchase) the more I think I will sell my Glock. I just ordered another P226 in .40 S&W with another .357 Sig bbl. I'm neither an avid Glock lover, nor hater, but I surely could fall in love with the SIGS. These are my first two, but definitely not my last. My suggestion would be to rent the pair at your local range and fire away. The trigger on the Sig is definitely a better trigger! These are two totally different breeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F/Mick

MoW
January 23, 2006, 07:56 PM
SIG, hands down. Do you prefer metal or polymer?:rolleyes:

Greg Bell
January 23, 2006, 08:26 PM
Well, Aluminum or Plastic is the real question. Unless you count the ST.:eek: heavy!

minibossman2003
January 23, 2006, 09:17 PM
I have been a long user and owner of Glocks. And a couple of weeks ago I bought a sig 229 in .40 caliber. I love both makes but I would say that I like the glock better. I do not really know why but I do. They are both excellent shooting, feel, and reliability. I would suggest just looking at both styles and seeing which fits better in your hand.
I own a 19,22, and a 36 in Glock. I just bought a sig 229 in the 40 cal.

IndianaDean
January 23, 2006, 09:34 PM
I have only owned one Sig, a p239, but I've owned several Glocks. While I did not keep them (or the Sig), I'll take a Glock over a Sig. I found the 17 and the 19 both very accurate.

Ala Dan
January 24, 2006, 02:24 AM
After owning both myself, I have too cast a vote in favor of the SIG~!:D

Reason? Reliability, Accuracy, and Craftsmanship second too none~!:cool:

glockopop
January 24, 2006, 03:16 AM
It's like asking if you should get a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. I've got a SIG 226 and a Glock 35. They're both great guns. The Glock is VERY accurate and I shoot it better because I've had it longer and had more "trigger time" with it. However, the SIG is capable of better accuracy. I just need a little more practice with it to get used to it. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get the DAK trigger, just because it's more like a Glock. It's not "mushy" like a Glock, but it is a consistent, relatively light pull like the Glock. Either way you can't go wrong.