PDA

View Full Version : Clear AR Mags

brendon_corbitt
January 20, 2006, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know of any places online to buy any type of AR-15 mags that are at least partially see through so you can see how many rounds you have left?

sig226man
January 21, 2006, 04:46 AM
Stick with military contract mags(aluminum with green followers, anodized or teflon finished). They are the most reliable, reasonably priced and can be found at gunshows for under $10. Most of the aftermarket mags, paticulary plastic ones aren't spec and not reliable. In other words, they tend to be junk. If you must go with a plastic mag go with the canadian or isreali thermold mags. I don't have much faith in those though because the feed lips came apart on two of them at a range and spit all the rounds out. Check this link here to give you the skinny on ar mags:http://magfaq.tripod.com/. Its researched by Troy, one of the moderators for AR-15.com. That's a great informational site for AR's and accessories.

joshua
January 21, 2006, 06:49 AM
+1 on the military mags. I do have about 7 Thermold and the 10 rounder has been behaving fine even during prolonged loading. The 30 rounders have also been behaving but I don't keep them loaded with 30 rounds for prolonged periods. The Colt 20 round mags have been the best. josh

OBIWAN
January 21, 2006, 11:03 AM
+2+ on military spec mags(brownells has a great price)

And I load them all to 28 rounds...less problems especially reloading to a closed bolt

Rivers
January 21, 2006, 11:06 AM
Forget the clear mags; they're for children.

Get real G.I. mags. There are several online vendors that sell 'em for $10 or so each.

pickpocket
January 21, 2006, 06:26 PM
haha...like everyone else: F#&K the plastic mags :)

HK makes some really nice mags...they're solid and heavy.

nbkky71
January 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
Eagle used to make semi-transparent, smoke-colored magazines many years ago. Those were the only ones that I ever knew of.