PDA

View Full Version : S&W 945 Accessories

dgludwig
January 19, 2006, 10:40 PM
Anybody know if there are any holsters or custom (checkered walnut) grips available for the 945? Thanks.

JoeHatley
January 20, 2006, 11:24 AM
www.speedshooterspecialties.com is putting together a special order for exotic wood Hogue grips right now. They don't ave walnut listed, but it you contact them, I'll bet it can be added.

Just click on products and then 945 grips. I don't know if Hogue will offer these as a regular item, so this may be a one time chance. Delivery time is going to be a couple months out.

Joe

Handy
January 20, 2006, 12:02 PM
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=12926&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=16261&training=

CarbineCaleb
January 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
On holsters, I believe the 945's slide is a bit wider than the 1911's... but 1911holsters that are not too snug or that have some fair adjustment will probably fit anyway. S&W's 'Related Items' link for example takes you to the excellent Safariland 561, which has 3 adjustment screws, but doesn't specifically list the 945 as a match. Fobus & High Noon for example make some holsters that specifically list the 945, but you'll probably get your most complete answer here:
http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/

Redhook
January 20, 2006, 03:09 PM
I have a Safariland Custom fit model 560 for my 945. Just get the one that will fit a standard 1911. It works well and provides a tension adjustment.

dgludwig
January 20, 2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for all the useful imputs.

JoeHatley: I visited the web site you recommended and learned that they seem to be offering several choices of wood grips, checkered or smooth, all slightly wider than the stock ones, for the 945. From what I can determine, all the grips are currently available (though no pictures are available at the time) with no special order requirement. Am I missing something here or is this the perfect answer for those wanting a different kind of wood and/or a wider dimension grip than found on a stock 945?

JoeHatley
January 20, 2006, 10:00 PM
The grips aren't currently available. They will be ordered shortly, and Hogue will do a special run. There have been enough folks from over at the S&W Forum willing to commit to buy, to warant Hogue digging out the tooling. This may be a one time run only, but if it proves popular... maybe Hogue will make them a regular item. One can only hope....

Pictures of the different woods are available on the Hogue site, just check out any similar gun. If you get checkering, it will be full coverage.

If you really want some pretty wood grips for your 945, this is an opportunity not to be missed.

BTW: I ordered my Kingwood/Checkered this morning!!

Good Luck...

Joe