PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPK .22 barrel replacement

Al Thompson
March 24, 2000, 03:13 PM
Hi all,

Need to replace the barreln on a .22 PPK. Interarms has'em for $80 bucks or so and that's an option. Does anyone know of another source? I tried Bar-Sto and they don't make'em.

Secondly - is this a reasonable do-it-yourself thing or should I get a pro? (George can you do this?)

Giz

DeBee
March 24, 2000, 07:13 PM
Gun Parts Corp used to offer PP barrels in .22 but that was several years ago...

I find the .22 Walthers highly desirable. You could cut and crown the longer PP barrel to the proper length or thread the thing for an "accuracy tuner"...

George Stringer
March 24, 2000, 10:28 PM
Gizmo, this is something I've never done. I'm not sure if these are pressed and pinned or just pinned. You probably need to talk to someone who specializes in the Walthers. On the surface it would seem that you would just drift out the pin and remove the old barrel then install the new. But if it's pressed in it will be a lot more complicated. I recommend you contact Cylinder & Slide. If I'm not mistake they do a lot of work on the little Walthers. George

hclark
March 26, 2000, 12:58 AM
A couple of years ago, I picked up a German made PPK 380 real cheap at a gun show because it had a bulged bbl. Ordered a new one from Numerich Gun Parts; knocked out the pin, pulled out the old one, stuck in the new one, repinned and been shooting it ever since. Hugh

James K
March 26, 2000, 03:22 PM
Walther .32 and .380 barrels are readily available, but the .22 barrels are hard to come by. I think I would just get one from Interarms. Making one from any .22 barrel would present no problems, but would probably cost more than the new one. They are close fitted, but not pressed in.

Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Keenan (edited March 26, 2000).]