PDA

View Full Version : Remington Model 8 woes, or "Collector's Firearms, BLAH"

grimjaw
January 13, 2006, 10:21 PM
I recently ordered a Remington Model 8 from Collector's Firearms, just got it in today. The ad mentioned nothing about damage to the gun; I think it actually said 'excellent condition.' It didn't mention anything about 'cracks in receiver, rifle unsafe to fire.'

http://grimjaw.net/mig/albums/theboomgoesthere/1355.jpg

It was very well packaged for shipment, so I know it wasn't that.

I don't feel safe shooting this gun, and I certainly didn't buy it to mount it on the wall. Replacement parts for this can't be plentiful nor cheap.

I am not familiar with this action or rifle enough to know just how dangerous the situation is. I believe the bolt/receiver assembly could be replaced with another, but close to the price of a new rifle? Talk about a downer.

If anyone has suggestions, please send them my way. Word to the wise: better have CF double check the weapon before they send it to you. I'm not a gunsmith, yet I found this crack within a five minute inspection.

jmm

deadin
January 14, 2006, 10:35 AM
They have a three day inspection period. Why not just send it back?

Dean

Harry Bonar
January 14, 2006, 01:06 PM
grimjaw:
Send that back - it DOES NOT meet NRA "excellent" condition!
Anyone who would rate it as such is dishonest and totally ignorant of firearms and should be taught a stern lesson.
Harry B.

Harry Bonar
January 14, 2006, 01:10 PM
grimjaw:
Send that back - it DOES NOT meet NRA "excellent" condition!
Anyone who would rate it as such is dishonest and totally ignorant of firearms and should be taught a stern lesson.
Harry B.

Administrator: I apologize for the speed in posting>

Kivaari
January 22, 2006, 03:29 PM
If these are the guys I think they are, everything they have for sale has rediculous pricing...send it back...