PDA

View Full Version : Large Frame 1100 Action Bar Problems

caliber311
January 12, 2006, 09:17 PM
I have an old 1100 in 20 guage. It was built on the large frame and parts for them are about non-existant, My action bar assembly has broken. One arm broke and I rewelded it and now it has broke again. When I welded it I used new bar stock but it was broke right next to the carrier and was a hard weld. I have heard you can modify a 12 guage action bar assy specifiaclly the carrier so a 20 guage bolt can be used. If anyone has any knowledge about this or knows were I might go to get that old part please LMK

willsnipe
January 16, 2006, 11:34 AM
Yes the 12 gauge part can be modified, and it is very simple. I did one for a friend a couple years ago. Don't remember the exact details, but you just have to make one simple straight cut with a mill. Didn't take me 10 minutes to set up and cut. If you have the 20 & 12 ga parts side by side the difference is obvious, and any compentent smith or machinist can fix you up. If you run into any snags, let me know. I just moved, and haven't got power to my mill yet, but should have in a few days.

caliber311
January 17, 2006, 06:11 PM
I didn't want to order a $60 part without getting confimation. I was pretty sure I' heard that before but I'm glad to hear from someone who's actually done it. Is it a side cut or a lengthwise? Do you know if any 1100 12g assembly will work?
Thanks

scgunsmith
January 17, 2006, 06:47 PM
16 gauge should work better

caliber311
January 21, 2006, 09:07 PM
I want as much info as possible before tackiling this