PDA

View Full Version : IDPA Revolver Requirements

glockopop
January 11, 2006, 02:02 AM
What are the minimum/maximum requirements for IDPA SSR? I'm thinking about picking up a S&W M19 with a 2 1/2 inch barrel and was wondering if I could use it. I know I'll be at a disadvantage against other revolver shooters who have 4-inch barrels, but in the short (only 4 shoots so far) lifespan of my local club, we've only had I guy who shot a revolver (the founder and president of the club), and he forgot his speedloaders:p . Also, are holster requirements the same as they are for autos?

Jim Watson
January 11, 2006, 08:35 AM
There is no minimum requirement I know of except power factor 125, but that is for ammo shot in a 4" barrel, not your actual gun if shorter. So a 2.5" M19 is legit. The short extractor rod and short sight radius will hamper you a bit, but it is your choice. I know people who have shot with them and with 3" M13 and 2 3/4" GP100, so it can be done.

Holster requirements are the same for revolver as auto; and there are specific requirements for speedloader carriers. Just do as I do and buy RTP:
www.pistolpacking.com

LeeF
January 11, 2006, 09:53 PM
For a fun view of some gentlemen actually shooting a match with revolvers go to:
http://www.parmarng.org/Pix/Pix-2005-09-10-IDPAState.html