PDA

View Full Version : Good Value on a Bipod

tollfree969
January 8, 2006, 04:09 PM
I am looking for a bipod for my new NEF Survivor in .308. I want to keep it lightweight and inexpensive to keep the spirit of the rifle (6lbs, $200). Is there a good value for $40 or under. Thanks for the help. I don't know what I would do without yall.

reliable
January 8, 2006, 05:50 PM
Although I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and like the Harris bipods, I recently bought a Caldwell bipod for an inexpensive rifle and it worked a lot better than expected. If cost is an issue I'd recommend the Caldwell; otherwise Harris is the way to go. I have used a couple of other cheapies with less than stellar results. Take care. Larry

Logs
January 8, 2006, 09:31 PM
Wal Mart or Cabela's carries Rockmount pods. I picked a 6-9 inch model for $39.99 at Cabela's. I have seen the 9 - 12 at Wal Mart for the same price.

Dave R
January 8, 2006, 10:08 PM
I got a Stoney Point Expedition for varmit hunting. It doesn't attach to the rifle, but is all the more versatile because of that. Kinda like a walking stick/bipod/shooting sticks.

Dean C
January 8, 2006, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty impressed with the 6-9 Rockmount, so far. Not alot of experience but sure feels like quality.
dean

texfar
January 14, 2006, 11:26 AM
Have tried some of the other bipods as in wally world, sportsmans paradise etc., but at the end of the day, I went with Harris. They say there are some Harris clones out there, but I have not found one. Previous threads, but a couple have changed names and have not tried them.

armedtotheteeth
January 14, 2006, 04:47 PM
+1 on the Rockmount from wally world. It handles my 17 pound Armalite Ar-30 with no problems. Cant go wrong. Almost no difference in it and the Harris, other than $60