PDA

View Full Version : Glock 29?

gtomax
January 6, 2006, 05:15 PM
I've never fired a 10mm. Anyone own the compact 29? Thoughts on it (controlability/accuracy)? I imagine it works as well as any Glock. Shot a 23C and wasn't impressed compared to my SIG 226R in .40. That said I can certainly see the usefulness and appeal of a light rugged pistol that I won't have to be as concerned about getting handled and nicked up in an outdoor environment. I wouldn't take my SIG camping.

That said, use would be infrequent but important. Like I mentioned, something to take camping. Looking for light, small, and powerful - personal defense < 50 feet. I'm very interested in the 10mm round for these purposes.

pwelsh4hd
January 6, 2006, 06:05 PM
A great carry piece, light, powerful...& I paddle carry mine often. But it's a true handfull, and difficult to get-off repetive accurate shots without mucho practice.

tulsamal
January 6, 2006, 07:43 PM
I like the G29 a lot. Haven't actually been able to buy one yet....

Gregg

Tomas
January 6, 2006, 08:13 PM
I've had my G29 for about 9 years.

I shoot it the least of my 10mms, (save for my SW 610), mainly because it sits in my car, at the ready to repel whatever malcontents might cross my path.

I'm not impressed with the trigger on mine, but don't hate it enough to get it worked on. I've never had a problem with it, and it's a blast to shoot with my "weak" hand.

I find that even being somewhat average, or smaller 5'10" 150, I can conceal my Glock 20 or Kimber Eclipse 10mm just fine, even in summer, and that's one reason the G29 rides in my Trooper, plus, it fits just right in a little storage box near my right hand when I drive - the G19 was just a hair long to fit.

It's really a great gun.

Tom

Minator
January 6, 2006, 08:16 PM
G29 ok with lighter loads but if you plan on using doubletaps forget about it

edm1
January 6, 2006, 10:13 PM
I am 6'3" and have large hands. My G29 is easy to shoot. Even with the shorter grip it doesn't bother me. I shoot pretty stout handloads and don't notice any unmanagable recoil. I prefer it to the 20 in fact. It is an awesome firearm.