PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P345

Garand Guy
January 1, 2006, 03:09 AM
I'm considering my first auto and am leaning heavily on the P345. Anyone have any opinions and experiences (good or bad) they want to share?

WESHOOT2
January 1, 2006, 07:34 AM
John Taffin, a well-respected gunwriter, has made his bedside gun the Ruger.
That's a mighty fine testament, IMNSHO.

Will that Ruger become the military's new issue-45?

timothy75
January 1, 2006, 09:48 AM
It should be a fine gun but it is kinda new still. If you want a totally safe bet go with a 90,97,or 95 those are time proven guns and will outlast you.

denfoote
January 1, 2006, 10:09 AM
Currently owning a KP97DC, my opinion of the P345 is as follows.

With all the lawyer crap that Ruger has installed, the gun represents Sara Brady's most erotic wet dream realized. It also represents the demise of the last bastion of sanity in American gun makers!! Ruger was the last hold out. All have succumbed!! A sad day for American gun rights!!

plateshooter
January 1, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm very happy with the KP345R that I have. Never had any problems, and my streamlight M3X snaps on the rail with a perfect fit. I would rather not have the magazine disconnect, but it's there, and I can live with that. The lock is meaningless to me. Ruger is owned by its stock holders. They are there for one reason. To make money. They added the locks and safety devices to sell more guns in more markets. I doubt Brady had anything to do with that decision by Ruger. All the warm and fuzzy stuff about the past is a waste of time as far as I am concerned. This is Rugers current product, and I find it fits my need quite well.

JDG
January 1, 2006, 02:06 PM
I posted this picture in the "Reloading" forum, and thought you might like it. My P345 has been flawless in over 1600 rounds, very reliable, very accurate! Just because Rugers are affordable, people assume they are junk. I have 4 Ruger firearms, and have no issues with any of them. The P345 is my handsdown favorite! I reload, so I can enjoy it even more. JDG
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/06083.jpg

Garand Guy
January 1, 2006, 04:17 PM
Anyone use one for CC or are they a little on the large side?

plateshooter
January 1, 2006, 08:07 PM
Garand Guy, I carry mine at times. Alot depends on the holster and belt. I have several 45 semi autos, and the P345 carries the best for me at my size and weight.

Topthis
January 2, 2006, 01:01 AM
Well, I have said it before and I will say it again...it is a great gun, it is my number one shooter. I have put it up against my friends HKs, Kimbers and now Colts in .45 and have come off totally victorious. They all laughed at me the first time, now they all want to run through a magazine. No problems with it. I even tried to "jam" it up a few range sessions ago, stacking 200gr, 230gr, JHP and FMJs...rapid fire and quick mag changes...not a damm thing! If I could put up with redundancy, I would get another one, but I really can't bring myself to own 2 of any one gun. I am gonna try a revolver next...my first!