PDA

View Full Version : Kirst Konverter Binding problems......a fix

Old Dragoon
December 29, 2005, 07:58 PM
I had some trouble getting the Kirst Konverter to "drop In" my new '58 on half cock. It would drop in with the hammer just pulled back enough to drop the cylinder lock but not on halfcock. It would bind up and not turn and the cylinder pin would not do more than start into the cylinder. I took the recoil shield out and tried to just install the cylinder, same problem. I got to looking at the hand and it was the problem I looked at the hand of the other two '58's and this one had a bump on the top of it and it wasn't shaped like the others. I dis-assembled the pistol and sure enough the hand was very different on the top and the front(pawl end). I took a stone and a hard file to it and shaped it like the other two. re-assembled the pistol. This time the Konverter dropped right in on half cock, and the cylinder pin slid right in. Now all three have the same shape hand.

If you have a binding problem trying to drop in a Kirst Konverter on Half Cock, try my method first and it just may be a deformed hand.