PDA

View Full Version : Night site installation?

BigT
January 14, 2000, 05:28 PM
Yes, I'm thinking of getting night sites put on my EAA Witness. However, it usually isn't listed in the models available, so I'm wondering what a "typical" price would be for a gunsmith to modify the dovetail, etc. to fit a night site. TIA, Tom

George Stringer
January 14, 2000, 10:28 PM
Big T, I don't know about typical. I think I'm about average but I would also install a dovetail front. Max would be $70 depending if the rear had to be totally recut or just opened up a little. George

BigT
January 15, 2000, 03:32 AM
Thanks George,
I'll keep you in mind. I payed a visit to your website and liked what I saw. One other question, on the guns you had pictured, are those prices for customer supplied guns, or does that include the Essex frames and all parts?
Thanks again!
Tom

George Stringer
January 15, 2000, 08:09 AM
BigT, those include everything. They were also only examples. Those were built to customer specifications. The only 2 that are not are the standard and the Plain Jane. Also, the prices have gone up a little but I haven't been able to get the webmaster to change them. And my address has changed as well. If you like put together a description of the 1911 you want, e-mail it to me and I'd be happy to give you a quote. George