PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY!!!20 days in counting and I cant decide

Minator
December 21, 2005, 09:17 AM
:ATTENTION THIS IS NOT A GLOCK VS 1911 THREAD:
I cant make a choice A Twin Pines 1911 or a Glock 19 Plz leave legitament reasons for each other than ergonomics

pyrotechnic
December 21, 2005, 09:31 AM
I would vote for the 1911, but I have never heard of Twin Pines and have no idea if they make a good gun or not. For reliablility you can't go wrong with the glock, but I can't seem to get used to the grip angle, plus I like my manual safeties. Have you handled both guns? Only you can decide which one.

Regards,
Maarten

Minator
December 21, 2005, 11:01 AM
a twin pines ive been told is along the same lines as a armscor and rock island armory

Gazpacho
December 21, 2005, 11:25 AM
One at a time, grasp the firearm, close your eyes then "aim" at a given target. Open your eyes and see how close to your target you are. Do this quickly. Which ever is closer, that's your gun.

Otherwise, get the Glock. It's lighter, carries more ammo, and is proven very reliable.

Minator
December 21, 2005, 12:52 PM
ive done this and still cant figure out which one but my pole is leaning towards the glock 19 its open till B-day

n3twrkm4n
December 21, 2005, 12:54 PM
What makes this an emergency? This thread reminds me of the adolescent ranting of a 12 year old in the paintball forum. heh, anyways....

To throw your poll completely off how about a 45 calibre XD in ACP with 13 rounds (where available). You can get ergonomics, polymer and reliability all in one package for a lower cost than a 1911.

Or even a 9mm XD in 3", 4" or 5"... Will someone die in 20 days if we don't make up your mind for you? ;)

big_gun_man
December 21, 2005, 05:42 PM
I have a Glock 23 and a Kimber 1911, they are both good guns, but for different reasons, I mainly keep the glock as a home defense gun for the lady because it is dependable, it is also very easy to maintain and has a higher capacity which you will need because it is not a very accurate gun, and that is where the 1911 beats the Glock the 1911 may only hold 7 rounds but that is all you really need because the 1911 is a very accurate gun

VUPDblue
December 21, 2005, 05:54 PM
Go with the Glock. 9mm ammo is very cheap....

HSMITH
December 21, 2005, 07:20 PM
Get the Glock, and then save for a mainstream high quality 1911.

azredhawk44
December 21, 2005, 07:39 PM
G19...

Lighter than a 1911.

Higher capacity.

Tacticool rail for lights/lazers!

Plus, no gun shoots faster than a glock:p :p :p

araebisu
December 21, 2005, 08:17 PM
I have a Glock 23 and a Kimber 1911, they are both good guns, but for different reasons, I mainly keep the glock as a home defense gun for the lady because it is dependable, it is also very easy to maintain and has a higher capacity which you will need because it is not a very accurate gun, and that is where the 1911 beats the Glock the 1911 may only hold 7 rounds but that is all you really need because the 1911 is a very accurate gun

WHA..?

MarkTT
December 21, 2005, 10:38 PM
while i agree that most 1911s are dead on, the glock right out of the box is still a very straight shot once youre familiar with the sights.

for carry purposes i would go with the glock, not as flashy or heavy as the 1911.

Minator
December 21, 2005, 11:08 PM
sorry my thread is to imature for your liking , but its an emergency to me because im undecided this close to deadline and since my pole is leaning towards the glock in such a wide margin I might just go order glock tommorow and have it ready on the 10th

mattdus
December 22, 2005, 01:57 AM
I personaly think the 1911 in question is an excelent weapon for the price. I owned one untill I was offered a gun that cost twice as much for it, I have compared it to other "low end" 1911's and I thought it was the best of them out of the box. in comparasen to higher end like kimber I would keep the tiwn pines, never had a failure that wasent due to my own reloads (dident like lead round nose) where everytime someone had a kimber on the range it would jam or just plain fail all to often.

never touched a glock so I cant give an opinion on that one.

timothy75
December 23, 2005, 12:46 AM
Go with the glock its the safest buy and you wont be let down. I dont know anything about the TP but it could turn out to be crap. I had two 1911's and both let me down and they were both under 500$ All glocks are outstanding and again why risk it?

Pointer
December 23, 2005, 01:30 AM
One of the "faults" of the Glocks is that the grip is not universal to a lot of different hand sizes... like for police issue...

The grip is essential to good shooting...

One of the things most loved about the 1911 is that it is more universal in fitting many hand sizes and therefore easier to "learn"... Like for the military.

I own both...
I like both...
But sorry, ergonomics is too essential to be shunted aside.

I recommend the 1911 and it is also more "maliable" when making various improvements...

Hope this helps...;) :)

epr105
December 23, 2005, 03:11 AM
The 45 acp ammo is 2-3 times what a box of 9mm will cost you. Just save the extra money and buy a nice .45 down the road.
Get the glock. I have put thousands of rounds through mine without a problem.

Pointer
December 23, 2005, 10:36 AM
The ammo for a 9mm is several times what it would cost you...

to shoot a .22LR. :p