PDA

View Full Version : .223 ammo pricing 2 boxes of 20 cheaper then 1 bx 40??? Bass Pro

Logs
December 19, 2005, 07:48 PM
Went to Bass Pro today in southern, IN. I was looking at buying some hollow point .223 for my dad's AR target rifle.

One box of 20 in .223 was $7.29 or $14.58 for 40 rounds, while the VALUE :confused: Pack of 40 rounds was $14.78. Same bullet, same box color, same grain.

When I asked a clerk, he didn't know the answer.

How does a VALUE pack cost more than buying several smaller count boxes?????? :confused:

GhostRider32
December 19, 2005, 09:16 PM
That's buy design. Most people don't calculate the individual prices and take the stores word that the larger box is "automatically" a better deal. Stores know that and take advantage of the customer more often than not. It's a cheesy way to do business.

VUPDblue
December 19, 2005, 09:59 PM
I usually find that if you ask the right person, ie: store manager, they can get to the root of the problem which is usually just error on the part of the data entry people who plug in the prices. Most of the time it gets fixed, maybe not that day, but fixed indeed.

DavidJBlythe
December 20, 2005, 07:32 AM
I went to wal-mart to get some cheap Remington 9mm ammo. White/Green box.
1 box (50) 115 Gr, $5.97
1 VALUE (100) rd box, $13.97

I guess they think we are kinda dumb. When I asked the Sporting Goods clerk about the VALUE pricing I was getting, all the said were some syllabals that were kinda like "Uhhhh..." followed by some "Hrmmmnmms....."
:confused:

Harley2k
December 20, 2005, 06:03 PM
I've seen the same thing here and it's been mainly at Bass Pro. If wal-mart didn't have the good prices it would almost not be worth it to buy there. They usually have some guy that doesn't understand and the boxes and prices are just far enough that you cant read them. Then you spend all your time saying how much is that and he can't find what you are talking about so you have to keep saying no no the second from the left no no your other left. It not alway like that just most of the time.