PDA

View Full Version : S&w M&p

StormTrooper
December 18, 2005, 02:07 PM
I wanted to see if anyone has seen any of the new S&W M&P autos in shops yet. I am still looking for a new handgun and the full ambi controls on the new M&P are very intincing for me as I am completely lefthanded. I want to check them out but can not find them yet anywhere. I read a nice article in Guns and Ammo about this pistol and it has my interest now. I am in N. Texas so if anyone knows of any shops carrying these please let me know.

Thanks.

9mm1033
December 19, 2005, 02:48 PM
Don't feel bad. The shopowners of the stores I visit here in Ohio said they will arrive in December. Getting close to January and I haven't seen one.

Tim Burke
December 21, 2005, 09:26 PM
They are starting to get to dealers. I know one dealer in WV that just got 4 this morning. He had sold 2 by 3PM.

Apple a Day
December 22, 2005, 08:49 AM
Tim,
How much were they going for?

taz-2005
December 22, 2005, 01:04 PM
On Smith & Wesson's website they have a price now, MSRP is $695.00 which I think was the same as my SW99.

StormTrooper
December 23, 2005, 11:14 AM
I have gained an interest in this pistol most notably for the all abidextrious control layout as I am left handed. I have called around the local shops and still cant find one but have been told they should be rolling out here just after the new year. I was hoping for a Christmas special price break....no luck there. I have been waiting to get the right one, have narrowed down to three choices so far but this is very well a fourth to consider. I'm told they are only coming out in .40 cal at first, that could be wrong too. .40 or 9mm will be the way I go.

Tim Burke
December 25, 2005, 09:56 PM
They are only shipping 40s at this time. I believe the 9mm will be next, but I'm not sure of the time frame. I'm expecting it in 2006 sometime.

abelew
December 25, 2005, 11:37 PM
If you want ambi controls, concider a HK LEM p2000. No safety/decock. Slide release is ambi (if i recall correctly), and the mag release is ambi (it's odd at first for those who are used to the push button, but after you use it, it works well). Just a thought. I've been eyeing the M&P, but won't buy it because I HATE magazine disconnects.