PDA

View Full Version : New to forum.....Question on .380 auto.

J Terhune
December 16, 2005, 06:45 PM
I have aquired through a family member a Russian .380 ACP auto made by IMEZ. It has B-WEST TUC:AZ on the right hand side of the pistol. It has the work "Raikal" on the left grip at the bottom. The grip is checkered with a star in the center and it has a metal ring at the bottom of the left side that is to attach some type of cord. Has an exterior safety to the left of the hammer and has adjustable sights. I have 2 clips. I have fired the gun and it works well....has some minimal rust. What information can you give me about the gun? Value? Trade in value at a gun show? Would it be worth the effort to sell or just keep it. Thanks for any information received.

claude783
December 16, 2005, 07:33 PM
What you have is a Makarov...one of the most reliable guns ever made. Used by the Soviets from 1959 - 2000 or there abouts.

As for price, probably $200 depending on condition...search this forum under makarov, or use google search and go to the makarov website...

lee n. field
December 16, 2005, 09:06 PM
Yup. That there is a Makarov. This particular one isn't military or police surplus, but made for export.

Go to Makarov.com (http://www.makarov.com) for accessories and parts, a FAQ and instructions on detail stripping.

"Hey, I'll give you $50 for it." (Had to try. :) ) $200 sounds about right. Run of the mill Bulgarian milsurp in 9x18 run cheaper than that.

Keep and enjoy.

J Terhune
December 16, 2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the answers and information. After going to the site that was posted I think all of my questions have been answered. I am sure that the gun I have falls into the Russian catagory. Thanks again.

OldFart
December 17, 2005, 04:55 PM
Did they make them in .380???

Marky
December 17, 2005, 05:02 PM
That makarov.com is actually a gun shop about 20 minutes from me. up in the Winfield area.

Sulaco2
December 17, 2005, 05:34 PM
Old Fart, alot of the imports were rebarreld to .380 for the american market.

lee n. field
December 17, 2005, 06:59 PM
alot of the imports were rebarreld to .380 for the american market.

Both Baikal and Arsenal have made .380 Maks (from the factory, not rebarreled).

J Terhune
December 17, 2005, 08:42 PM
From reading the information on the web site.....I have a factory gun from Russia but not military due to it having adjustable rear sights. If the shop is in the Huntington, WV area I may stop in this summer while on a motorcycle trip (I live in Bagdad, Ky.). Before you ask....nope we did not get bombed. LOL Thanks again for the information from all that posted.

Sulaco2
December 18, 2005, 02:12 AM
Well "rebarreled" as in change the guns caliber from 9 Mak to .380 so it would sell better in the US. All they had to do was change the barrel Sheeesh :rolleyes:

Jehzsa
December 18, 2005, 10:04 AM
If you go to the store, call first to make sure that George or Karl are there. They are the owners and very nice people. You'll feel like an 8 year old in Disney World.

Pilot
December 18, 2005, 10:30 AM
I have the same B-West import Mak in .380, although it is in the rarer Satin Nickel finish. Its a keeper. As far as I know all the Satin Nickel guns are .380's.

joneb
December 18, 2005, 12:33 PM
try here for mak info.
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3