PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 info

mosinjoe
December 16, 2005, 12:58 AM
I recently picked up a model 110 Savage in 30/06 and it has a Bushnell Banner 4 by 12 by 40 Ao scope with the Savage rings and bases. The gun is in excellent condition and has the hardwood stock. It doesn't have the pillar bedding and the barrel is not floating. I paid $250.00 at a pawn shop and had to do some cleaning and setup but now the rifle looks respectable. Is the rifle ok with the stock as is or will I need to tweak it for optimum accuracy? Is the scope and rings that I described decent? Thanks for any help! I might add that the reason I chose a Savage was due the the experience of using a friends time worn 110 in the same configuration and harvested a nice doe and a decent six point buck with that rifle. I bought the '06 because of the range of loads available.:)

Art Eatman
December 16, 2005, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't do anything until I'd tried it on the bencrest at 100 yards. If you're not near one MOA, then mess with the forearm in the usual stuff: Free float, and then after shooting some more groups, maybe put a shim in as vibration damping.

Overall, it sounds like you got a good deal.

Art

mosinjoe
December 16, 2005, 10:54 AM
Thank you for your reply,Art!:)

TPAW
December 16, 2005, 04:27 PM
Give the rifle a good cleaning and buy a varitey of .06 rounds from different manufactuers. See which one your rifle likes best. If your satisfied with the rifles performance, don't do anything. If you desire better accuracy, tweek it a little.
Let us know how you make out. Good luck! :)