PDA

View Full Version : Just finished building my model 2011

Johnny Reb
December 12, 2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Fellas, I just finished building my STI modsel 2011 and so far evereything has turned out great. I bought an STI frame and slide, a nowlin bull barrel and wilson and Baer parts and everything, (knock on wood) works great. It feeds and ejects and fires just fine and I am pretty happy with the results and now my boy wants me to make him a 45 auto, and I probably will after the holidays. and give it to him for next x-mas.
I really enjoyed the challenge of fitting all the various parts and it was a lot of fun, and by the way, it was a .40 S&W double stack, nothing real fancy but I am proud and happy with it and I do leatherwork also and made a holster for it so it's all, so to speak, hand made. Johnny Reb

HSMITH
December 12, 2005, 09:05 PM
Good job Johnny. I just got a custom 2011 in and like it a lot. The next one I will build myself though.

Mine has a Nowlin hard fit bull barrel and shoots awesome groups, how about yours?

H&K4Life
December 12, 2005, 09:28 PM
2011. That's one of those competitons guns right?

Does your .40 have like a 2lbs trigger?

Johnny Reb
December 13, 2005, 06:39 AM
HSMITH, I just took it out and fired it for a function test to see if everything was working and operating properly and haven't done any range shooting yet and probably won't till it warms up some here, kinda cold to practice outside where I shoot.
As far as a competition gun, Yeah they are used for a lot of competition shooting but I have never gotten into that yet and just through a couple of rotator cff surgeries on the shoulders in the last 3 years took a couple of gunsmithing courses and have worked on a few guns and just decided to try and build a pistol and decided on the 2011 and love the way it turned out.
I took a couple of pictures of it and the holster and I'll have th wife show me how to attach them to here and let you take a look at it. It's nothing fancy but not to bad. Johnny Reb

Lycanthrope
December 13, 2005, 08:12 AM
Tagged for pics. Love the 2011's.